Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have a small collection of construction pieces. I like the Norscot brand and the King Size Lesneys. Ertl makes some nice stuff also.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother -in-law is selling his collection... ConRad-Norscot-yada,yada. pretty much all 1/50, I think he said he's got around $10,000 into it, can't imagine anyone spending that much, but hey!! Have any idea where would be a good place to sell besides ebay?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I use too buy up all the HW Construction Vehicles back in the 80's - 90's. You
dont see them anymore of todays HW's. I'm glad I kept mine when I sold 2/3
of my HW Collection.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I've got a few pieces and am getting more interested in them lately. I got this HW cement truck cause it looked futuristic:

This one is older and showing the years:

I saw some nice 1/87 Cat equipment at the hobby store that were under $10 recently, can't remember who made them.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I use to operate heavy equipment for 14 yrs so I have quite a few front end loaders, forklifts, and even some farm equipment. Cable cranes on tracks seem to be lacking out there but Hot Wheels does have a truck crane with BW's out there that I have. And of course there are hydraulic machines out there.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I've collected a few cool pieces of Norscot.

I haven't seen construction equipment too often, but I love the action value of the stuff. Articulating pieces and what not. So entertaining!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I have HW and MB construction equipment. I even have a few from Majorette. As to where you could sell them? flea markets or EBay are the only places I can think of right off hand. Maybe a Pawn shop? Some are buying HW around here. You might try an Antique shop.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Richard

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like construction equipment and have always collected trucks. I notice nobody goes for the lesser-popular brand names. Is it just me that likes to give the cheapers models a home?

I think these are made by Express Wheels (Suntoys).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts