Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anybody here collects the Modifiers cars along with the JLs and Hotwheels, etc. Well, I do, and currently ive got 21.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I've got the Accord and Eclipse. I can't wait until I find the Honda Civic del sol in 1/64. They've got a few in 1/43 that I'd buy... if they were 1/64. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the Accord, the Integra, the Honda Civic hatch back and the Eclipse in 1/43rd scale. :thumbsup:

In 1/64th scale, I have the Acura Integra. I really like some of the features they offer in both scales.

I have bought two Eclipses and two Civics in 1/43rd scale. One of each of these cars has been removed from there packaging and I changed the parts over to there modified form.

I like what this company is doing. Nice detail work in regards to the interchangable parts. :)

stevbike

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ive got the f150, civic hatch, and mustang gt in 1:64. I just found the new series 10 Toyota Celica and 02 Cavalier. None of mine are in the package, and they are all modded.

but yeah, i like all the interchangeablility of the parts. THe companys doing a great job.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
am kinda on and off, taking a vactaion from the board for the Summer, but wanted to pop in on this topic...

First, are there pics out there for the later series? on the Modifiers web site, it only goes to series 8... what year is the Celica in series 10?

next, seems on ALL the 1/43 Modifiers, at least the imports cars, the wheels are always too small...even the aftermarket ones you can put on, sure don't look like 19 or 20's....or whatever they are claiming they are...

lastly, here's a pic of one I did... big note on this, this was done way BEFORE we were bombarded with cars from this movie... made it in like 2001 or 2002.. did it from videos captures taken from the DVD... in fact, the F&F graphics came from the DVD itself, the paper insert... also didn't even notice that were supposed to be a scoop and grphics on the roof!... the bird on the side was a hand made sticker... don't know why I bothers, with all the versions of this car that are out now!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pablodragon said:
am kinda on and off, taking a vactaion from the board for the Summer, but wanted to pop in on this topic...

First, are there pics out there for the later series? on the Modifiers web site, it only goes to series 8... what year is the Celica in series 10?

next, seems on ALL the 1/43 Modifiers, at least the imports cars, the wheels are always too small...even the aftermarket ones you can put on, sure don't look like 19 or 20's....or whatever they are claiming they are...
End Pablodragon said:
The way the wheels are designed to the mounting hub, it would be difficult to get the properly scale sized wheels in place. It you wanted to get picky on wheels, Hot Wheels cars have wheels that are out of scale with the car bodies as well but no one really picks on them. Many models will share this problem of out of scale items.

Overall, I think that the Modifiers cars are working out well. The interchangable parts makes for a nice feature. They have there market down pretty well. Hopefully, they will be around for a while and really build up strong long term base of collectors.

stevbike

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont know why the modifiers site doesnt update with pictures. But if you go to www.xconcepts.com, there are pics of series 9 and 10. some are repeats from previous series, civic hatch, mustang gt, chevy s10, but there are new ones. that celica says its a 2001. yeah, the rims i dont think are exact size, like the rims that come with the Escalade or Denali, are way bigger than 20s.

thats a pretty exact replica of that FF car!! that wing is huge!! lol where did you get that wing.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
What's even funnier about that wing is that it's from a 1/64th scale Hot Wheels Ford Focus drag car! It is kinda big, but back then, it just fit the bill!

nother problem I have with te wheels is when you put all the cool body kit stuff on, it looks a little high, so I take the springs out and it looks like it's lowered...but then it's so low the wheels won't turn...so it turns into display only, which is ok. anyone ever try cutting the springs in half?
also, most of the Hot Wheels and others with obviously too big wheels never claim that the wheels are " RoJa 18 inch chrome blah-blah" wheels.
I tried once to do bigger wheels, but it didn't work out... these wheels were from a Hot Wheels Tunerz car...turned out lookin kinda 4 wheel drive!:lol:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow a 1:64 car. what Hotwheels focus was it?? i dont remember. yeah, somecars do sit kinda high, thats why i tighten the screws all the way down on some,

actually i have cut springs, but not on a modifier. Ive cut the springs on a 1:18 scale PT Cruiser to make the front end level with the rear, since the rears had no springs whatsoever. looks pretty good now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did a bit of work measuring up the wheels on the 1/43rd scale Modifiers Eclipse today. I measured the rim size. It is 7/16th of an inch in diameter. When you multiply this by 43, you get 18.8125 inchs. The overall diameter of the rim/ tire combination is a hair over 1/2. I still have to check out how close to proper scale the car model is. inch.http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v198/stevbike/?action=view&current=1999Eclipse.jpg.

On the Jada Import Racers, the wheels measure out to be 25.5" using 1/24th scale. The model is really about 1/22 scale making these wheels 23.4". Still too big. :confused:

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v198/stevbike/?action=view&current=2003Eclipse.jpg

The use of the real aftermarket named parts makes for great marketing for these companies. Chances are that people looking at doing up there real cars will be looking up these companies for their parts. :jest:

stevbike

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
thanx Steve! hey, as long as we got a subject to talk about, might as well keep it going!:)

..so, this is not to criticize, but just for sumthin to talk about, but....
you can show me numbers all day, but still...lookin at actual side by side pics... why does the modifier not look like the real car, as far as the wheels? I know the body kit is different, but the wheel-wells still look the same, no major mods on either the real or the model, yet the wheels on the modifier still look too small. Can they be 20's on the real Eclipse? I know they both have lo-profile tires... but I didn't think you could fit 20's on an Eclipse?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes I agree with you on the wheel size problem. If the tire size was made to look a lot more like a stock wheel profile, the wheel tire combo would look a lot better. I have seen worse models out there.

I am sure that the designers have there reasoning for making the cars the way they do, whether or not you agree with whatever logic they are using. I really like the concept that Modifiers has come up with. I hope that they last for a while in the market place. I am sure that there where some that did not like Hot Wheels as well in the early years but look what happened there!:)

As to fitting 20"s on an real Eclipse, someone would have to look that up. My nephew has a 1990 Eclipse that has 18" wheels on it with low profile tires. I think that 20" wheels would be a bit of a problem to fit on to it.

stevbike

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Raceful Dead said:
I was wondering where can I get Modifiers Cars now that they don't make them anymore?
If you still have any around, u might try KB Toys... was just there today and they still had like 3 or 4 of them...$4.99

1 - 17 of 17 Posts