Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went ahead and bought the kit. I was disappointed to see that it did not include an option for the old flat-head motor.

Hopefully I can start on it later this week.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I'm pretty sure I built that one when it was out about 10 years ago. Nice kit. You could rob a different engine from one of the other Revell Model A kits

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the process of building this at the moment. I am enjoying it. It has been a while since I have built anything so this was a nice challenge to get me back into it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am almost finished. I have had very little modeling time, so it has taken a long time!

My only real complaint about the kit is the clear parts. The windshield fits well, but all the other windows do not come close to fitting as they should.

Everything else has fit very well and it is a nice kit. I was not able to get the wheels to push onto the axles, but that is my fault for not getting the brakes positioned properly.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I guess that answers that question. My dad built one of these, and it turned out great! Well, not great as he didn't paint it, but I polished the plastic on it with some sort of polish so that it had a bit of shine to it, but not as glossy as it could have been. It went together well, but that model was made over twenty years ago. This might not even be the same kit. The one on the box looks good, but there's no telling what they did to get the windows to fit. When they're ill fitting I get new window plastic sheeting from the hobby store to replace it. I glue it in place in seperate pieces along the window frames.

~ Chris​

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had no issues with the windows on mine. Everything has fit together nicely and not many issues besides user error! Mine is done just havent had a chance to upload and post pics. Should be able to get that done Sunday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts