Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a sweet deal on axil bearints from R/C boys on ebay. They are 1/4 x 3/8 flanged for $1.09 each for metal shield and $1.29 for teflon. I just wondered if you guys have tried them and what you thought of them. Or if you know of A better deal or a better deal for the money.

Thanks,

Lester

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Steel Bearings

That sounds like a good price. Our flanged & unflanged steel bearings are priced at $3.00/pair but ours are ABEC Grade 5. I can get ABEC 2's & 3's and sell them that cheap but they just don't last as long and spin as free. But you never know. Give them a shot and they might be great. If not we'll be glad to take care of your bearing needs.

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
they suck.. they blow out very easily.. i got 10 fronts.. they all blew out in two runs or less... i had never seen that bad of bearings.. they also had lots of play and slop in them....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You cant beat Bruce from www.rc4less.com bearings his are high quality at a fair price also check out his ceramic sets best price I,ve found and he gets them to ya Quick!! By the way in my opinion ceramics are the way to go super smooth and last forever :cool:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bruce, I had no Idea your bearings were that cheap. I will definatly be buying the bearings from you. Also I love the deal you have on your 4499's 10 pair for $20, Don't know if you remember me, but you did a Faceplate turbo 35 with a jeff gordon car on it for me. Did a hell of a job and were real nice to deal with.

Lester

·
Registered
651 Posts
I BOUGHT bearings, once a long time ago from RCBOYZ, when they were just starting out. and they were decent especialy for dirt oval, and off road buggy's. about 3 months latter my sons car needed ew bearings and I went back, UGH!...tried once more thinking it was a fluke deal, NADA. in fact they were so bad, with slop. and leaking out this black sewage looking substance that I went on a quest to find a quality bearing I could buy wholesale and re sell direct ot others.

Sadly, A LOT of cheep bearing out their are just that,, CHEEP BEARINGS!
One might think that the machnery needed to fabricate a quality bearing, would be about the same for building a near worthless one, the materials, in cost should be minute in difference as well, but something, seperates the two extreemes rather definatly.

Mike can Elaborate on the BRC balictic bearings I sell every day, for either $2.50 each..or $18.95 for a 9 bearing pan car set.
all come lubed in OIL ONLY, for the manufacture..no heavy gease to flush out for the smooth free oval feel we all want, and expect.

but I am going too far...ask Mike, (burbs) about them, he has extensive experience with the best , and worst of the crop of bearings available to the hobby..LOL!

Mike when can I expect that secret sause of yours to arive?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Lester- I don't know about RCboys bearings, But what I do know is KGB bearings are for a fact as good as ANYONE'S bearings. How you might ask can I make a BOLD statment..... Because we all get our bearings from the supplier. KGB has a 9 pcs pancar set for $31.50 shipped! We got a deal on Stainless steel ceramic bearings. They out last "reg" ceramics. That, as far as I know, no one else is selling. And one more thing, if you break a bearing let us know and we'll get a replacment right out to you FREE OF CHARGE!

Everyone will jump to say " we don't buy our from the same place." but we all started selling bearings at about the same time and we all got the same email. LOL

Stop overpaying and try KGB. Email us at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I use both KGB and brc bearings.. the KGB ceramics are awesome.. i have them on one car,, and the brc steel ones i have on the other... the BRC steel ones i have had for weeks and have not broke a single one... they spin just as long as my ceramics... but they are not as smooth.. the ceramics are very quiet compared to the steel ones...

i havent run the rc for less ones.. but i would give the BRC or KGB ones a shot...

www.kgbracing.com and http://www.baldwinracing.safeshopper.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts