Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Anyone notice Raceway champions has been reissuing some of Ertls older kits,The Batman models from the first and second Batman films,batmobile,batwing Batmissile batskiboat and more,the A Team van, the Knight rider 2000 car,one thing Ertl did make and hopefully they will reissue it is the helicopter from Airwolf,and I prefer Ertls original boxes with their original box art Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,277 Posts
Yes, Ertl rereleased the Batman Movie kits amany months ago. RC2 has been taking pity on us non-die-cast fans.

There was discussion on rereleasing Airwolf a year or two ago, but they decided against it.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where I saw The Ertl reissues

Hi,I saw them in some hobby shops I shop at and on ebay,They are available,Thanks,Guy Schlicter

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was pretty excited about the Airwolf re-release, but I think they went with the Hogan's Heros jeep instead...:freak:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Heh.... is this a bad time to mention that I scored a package deal of an Airwolf kit, flight manual and embroidered Airwolf patch off the e-place? :)

(YT's head is gonna explode...)

RC has done a lot of reissuing of the old Barris vehicles & other custom car kits (except for the never-available 60s TV Batmobile, as usual... which Revell has the molds for anyway, allegedly..) I picked up a lot of the car kits for my "TV & Movie car" collection. Just FYI... the Knight Rider 2000 car has the wrong wheels in the reissue... and KITT has an inaccurate interior and incorrectly shaped front fender vents, thanks to MPC/Ertl recutting the molds at some point to replicate a later-model 3rd-generation Firebird/Trans Am. Rumor has it that RC may have had to recut molds for the Beverly Hillbillies truck reissue, as the original mold was recut in the 70s to produce some kind of "pirate ship" show car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts