Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave:Does anybody here have any more of these very rare blister packs from DTC of Hong Kong (its a British Commonwealth country) made circa 1970-72? There were 10 cars in the range numbered from T201 to 210. There were 4 circa 1/64 F1 racers, 4 circa 1/55 Le Mans racers plus 2 1/45 sporty coupes - something to suit all depths of pocket in those days!!!!
The wheel designs seem to be copying Mattel Hotwheels Redlines for coolness and taking from Matchbox for bright colours and opening doors, with Corgi dogs on the rear window ledges of the Dino and Fulvia. These toys are well made even if the suspension is prone to break and track performance was little faster than a Lesney RW!
By the end of the 1970s these tools and many more were known to be in production with a company known to collectors as Tintoys and later Tinstoys although whether there was any actual change of ownership or just different names of the same organisation is unknown to me.
Either way if anybody has anything to share,I would like to see any more DTC blisters or Whitewalls castings from this range.As far as I know ONLY the original 10 releases detailed above had these wheels,with subsequent issues having generic slotted one peice speedwheels

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi SMS88

You have posed an interesting question here!

I am sure I have seen the sporty coupes in Yonezawa Diapet's range.

Sorry I cannot add anything else but I do have a couple of models from their successors 'Tin Toys'

Cheers Chris

·
Premium Member
14,453 Posts
I never saw any of them.

I like them very much.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts