Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one, will buy or trade.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I forgot there was a Kilmer Batwing, I need a airbrake from the AMT Keaton version:

Here's pic of the part, my youngest boy snatched it's twin off my table and chewed it beyond use before I noticed it was missing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wow, what I see there looks really cool!

Its a nice kit, I look at John Ps and think about how I'd like to do mine.

Surely a man of your skill could cut an airbrake from sheet? its only a couple of flat shapes.

Look on the bright side, I am still working on my Keaton batmobile cos my dog chewed up several parts, and after I re made them, he chewed those too! I am on round 3 now.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could cut a new one from scrap styrene, but I've already put a lot of work into this, and the airbrake has some molded greeblies on the hinge, and of course the difference will really stand out now since I decided to it would be cooler to show the airbrakes deployed......

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Alex & modelsj, but I think I'm going to be ok for right now. I had a bit of inspiration, I cut off the unchewed hinges from the mangled one, and glued them to a panel I cut from scrap styrene. I just primered it, and I think it's going to look ok.

Thanks for the offer though, if it turns out to look bad I might take you up on it!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think my homemade airbrake came out ok:

I think you'd have to REALLY be looking hard to spot the difference. I'm pretty happy with this, it doesn't show well in the photos, but I went over the complicated rivet pattern VERY lightly with a little silver buffable wax, and it really "pops" out the detail and gives it a sense of scale instead of being a black blob. I'm not great with figures at this scale, but I think the Dark Knight came out pretty nice too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts