I could cut a new one from scrap styrene, but I've already put a lot of work into this, and the airbrake has some molded greeblies on the hinge, and of course the difference will really stand out now since I decided to it would be cooler to show the airbrakes deployed......
Thanks Alex & modelsj, but I think I'm going to be ok for right now. I had a bit of inspiration, I cut off the unchewed hinges from the mangled one, and glued them to a panel I cut from scrap styrene. I just primered it, and I think it's going to look ok.
Thanks for the offer though, if it turns out to look bad I might take you up on it!
I think you'd have to REALLY be looking hard to spot the difference. I'm pretty happy with this, it doesn't show well in the photos, but I went over the complicated rivet pattern VERY lightly with a little silver buffable wax, and it really "pops" out the detail and gives it a sense of scale instead of being a black blob. I'm not great with figures at this scale, but I think the Dark Knight came out pretty nice too!