Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, If your like me you try to get as much model building as you can done during the cooler months of the year. I just finished a Revell/Germany Original USS Enterprise 2 weeks ago that took 4 months to build. I want to start on a Star Trek IV Enterprise A and what I may do is get it built into subassemblies and since thank goodness Fall is not too far away I can start painting. The problem is running the air conditioner all the time is expensive and this Summer has been brutal with the heat and humidity. Any body have any models they completed this Summer. Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm currently working on my first 1:1000 TOS Enterprise. I just finished painting the nacelle caps and I'm trying to find a way to attach the nacelles since I broke the tabs off the support pylons. Not sure what my next project will be. I have a War of the Worlds Martian War Machine (from the 1953 film) that I want to use for a diorama, however the lighting kit I want from VooDooFX is on backorder. I also have an Enterprise-B model that I started 15 years or more ago and is aching to be finished. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm working on 4 projects at the moment!
ST tos Klingon ship about 80% done.
Studio scale Plan 9 saucer about 50% done.
Wave Stingray sub about 5% done.
G scale Disney Monorail - straight track pieces ready to mold, Boggies are now v2.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Folks, If your like me you try to get as much model building as you can done during the cooler months of the year. I just finished a Revell/Germany Original USS Enterprise 2 weeks ago that took 4 months to build. I want to start on a Star Trek IV Enterprise A and what I may do is get it built into subassemblies and since thank goodness Fall is not too far away I can start painting. The problem is running the air conditioner all the time is expensive and this Summer has been brutal with the heat and humidity. Any body have any models they completed this Summer. Guy Schlicter.
The weather here in the Bay Area has been perfect for model building up until the last few days. Our microclimate summer has been hovering around 75 to 80, low humidity. Additionally, I work for the local school district and get the summers off. Models done:

• Horta with eggs
  • Power Loader with diorama-I'll count that bad boy as two
  • Willy Ley Passenger Rocket-(lighter fair)

I also helped my son with his snap-tite Star Wars droid tank and his little metal zombies guys.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I'll be finishing that Robot in the next few weeks for my client, then FINALLY I'll be able to finish my Assault phasers. Then Summer will be over, and I'll get back to the six TOS Vipers that are 1/3 done.

The heat is back though, and it's slowing things down a little!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Due to working so much, I haven't really been able to put as much time into building kits as I would like too, but I did finish a Moebius Victim, just a couple tiny things I need to touch up on it though. I've been also working on a Monogram Willy Ley Space Taxi, which is a fun kit. For my birthday last month, my wife got me one of my grail kits, :hat: a sealed Aurora Lone Ranger, :hat: which I am dying to get started on asap. Plus there are a few things I started years ago that were put on the back burner I would like to get done, as well as about 200 other kits I have in my stash. I may get the Space Taxi done before the end of Summer though. So many kits, so little time! :)

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have been working on the 3 ROMULAN warbird that I've been working on. And this last week I bet a new BANDAI 1/500 sace Space Cruiser "YAMATO" which will take me some time to built.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
It's been too hot to build anything, or even think about it. I'm waiting for the cooler temps in fall along with a long needed hiatus and then I'll start with 3 1000 Enterprises along with the Revell Germany Enterprise and start at long last my Jupiter 2's.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
You're makin' more than one??:cool:
Yes! One on a launch pad, and one with the gear in landing position. I've been
Stocking up on all the brass etch and lighting kits and figures for awhile, not to
mention plenty of paints. I have a hiatus from work for about 9 weeks coming, the first real break in years.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have a fujimi spinner coming up and while I'm wating for Stan to finish the light kit.
I'm doing this:

Recognize it?

Steve

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm working on a Constellation class style Galaxy class.

Trying to build a refit bridge and at the same time learn how to cast my own parts for it (although I'm wishing i'd gone for a star trek 5 bridge with less fiddly curves to contend with!).

It feels great when a perfect cast comes out of a mould for the first time!

Steve

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Besides working on a 3D model there are two others I have in mind. The first is trying my hand at a reissue of one the old Batman figure kits first released in the '60s. The second, well...

Anyone remember this?

It's not the most accurate representation of the Enterprise, but I've always been intrigued by it. I'm thinking of using a PL 1/1000 kit to fashion something along these lines. I'd start with a 1st pilot version and paint it in predominatly dark colours. Not black, but perhaps dark silver or anthracite with a bluish hue. Like the Batman kit it would be meant as mostly a fun build just to see what it would look like. I'm also intrigued by the idea of a Klingon D7 in black or charcoal or really dark grey or green.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
I have several things that I am working on:
A Lindberg Star Probe Space Shuttle kit that I am converting into the 1952 Von Braun lunar orbiter concept.

The AMT TOS Klingon Battlecruiser that is almost finished.

I am helping my friend with a Polar Lights Psycho House that he wants built like it was shown in Psycho 4, clean, without the weathering to make it look old and rundown.

I am also working on a scratchbuilt 1:16 mobile home, a recreation of the little trailer that I grew up in with my dad, an Airfix Saturn 1-B that I need to finish, and I have the USAirfix Space Clipper waiting in the wings along with the Moebius Bride of Frankenstein.

I also have my Gemini 12 that I started over a year ago that I want to dig out and finish, it is 90% done, sometimes my OCD will not let me take that last little step to finish something before I move on to something else.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Just completed the Battlestar Ajax (yay!). And now I'm working on reworking another Monster Scenes Victim figure into a cartoon character from my youth.

I'm also doing another kitbash Star Trek ship, and I'm planning on revisiting my Avengers dio to add more rubble, as well as a nameplate that I got from Tom Parker.

Sean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts