Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Bugatti Veyron is starting to gain some value due to HW no longer making the diecast. I picked up an 03 first edition Veyron today for $1. Just wondering if it has any value? I don't plan on selling it, it's going in my personal collection :)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
They sure are starting to climb on ePay...

I heard that Hot Wheels lost the rights (license) to build said casting.

It's truly hard to gauge the value in something. To me, the car's worth $1.00. To someone else, $10 might not be out of the question. You can follow completed auctions and get an average that way. They only way to really know what it's worth is count your $$$ after you sell it.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Not too sure why the car is on the rise but many are making money from it. It's only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. Hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The best excuse I've heard about the inflated Veyron values is the fact that this casting has a lot of universal(& International) appeal combined with the fact that VWaG(aka: Bugatti) pulled the plug on the licence...whatever. IMO, its really not the best representation of a Veyron anyway. :rolleyes:

I had a carded FE version that I unpackaged:)eek:) in hopes that the car would perform on the track...it didn't, so its now filed amongst my "duds". I could easily sell it as a loose, static model for whatever inflated price that someone might be willing to pay. But I'd rather disect it...add some weight...do a HSW or FTE wheel/axle swap...and give it a 2nd chance on the track.

On another note, I was recently trying to get my hands on an FTE version of this car but refused to pay ePay prices. Fortunately, a RLD member was kind enough to ROAK one for me(I had ROAK'd him w/some `94 Vintage Series cars a month prior). FWIW, he found it @ a flea market on the 'dollar table'. It has since been unpackaged:)eek:) and it absolutely screams on the track.

GspeedR :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts