Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
When I talked to the folks at the Monarch booth at Wonderfest they did say around Thanksgiving or Christmas was when the ghost and Sinbad would arrive.
Having said that, I have almost given up any hope of ever seeing these wonderful kits on a store shelf, let alone adorning my model shelf.:( It's been two full years waiting on the Ghost. :(
I'm sure Scott had good intentions, but it's looking like it's a no-go.Sure hope I'm wrong !!!!

Model on ! ! ! :wave:

Dave

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have it on a very good authority that both Sinbad and The Ghost are definitely still in the pipeline. There have been issues to be corrected as Scott has mentioned in these forums before and I'm sure that Monarch are working to make sure the quality of these kits is on a par with what we have come to expect, based on the fantastic Nosferatu kit.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I've got stacks of kits to get through so I'm in no rush :). I'll see it when Scott's ready.

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I'm with you guys :thumbsup:....Still...It sure would be sweet to see these kits under my Christmas Tree :rolleyes:
Mcdee

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Howzabout the Moon Suit? I was really looking forward to customizing some of those.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Any sign of Sinbad and the Ghost yet?

Why, has Hell frozen over?

All kidding aside, I've about given up hope even though I want both kits.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds as if Monarch are having a few problems:(. Doesn't sound like we'll ever see that Moonsuit.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sinbad and the Ghost will happen. They're both close ... too close, and with too much money invested, to call it quits now.

Gorgo is progressing for 2010, but I don't know how quickly. Beyond that, I haven't heard any on-the-record schedules for what's coming when.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Well, that's good news for those that want those kits. I've been looking forward to the moonsuit, but if it doesn't happen, c'est la vie! It was nice to dream....

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
Monarch is a one man show with a day job, family and friends. He does this for the love of our hobby and we are all the better for it. :cool:
~RK~

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I hope he's making a lot of each...because I'll bet when these long awaited kits do hit the shelves they will fly off of them in a heartbeat:thumbsup:
Mcdee:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
It begs the question : What is Monarch doing differently from Moebius that is causing them to have so many problems!?!?

Wayne
I believe Scott McKillop's putting his salary (he's a radiologist) into this venture and he's basically a one man operation on a shoestring budget. He only has one kit released so far and it's a beautiful Auroraesque kit!!
If we have to wait for the next ones, so be it. If they have the same quality as Nossy it'll be worth the wait. I'm sure Scott's doing his best....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Dern it! I was lookin' forward to that Moonsuit too!! I have 3 Nosferatus. I like Gorgo and Sinbad too. Sure hope they did'nt "screw the pooch". I even joined the Monarch clubhouse,got my Nossy postcard,but never got the second postcard they sent out.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts