Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I confess...yes i still have my lunchbox out in the pantry.......i'm not afraid to admit I have a pantry either.

cujo.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I noticed the auction closed with no bids. Maybe it'll be relisted at a lower starting bid. I know I, for one, would love to get that kit!

Wayne

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Why was Pernell Roberts (Adam) left out of the figure kit? Now I can't do my "Trapper John,MD" conversion! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, but you'd need to scrape the top of his head bald! AND he probally felt that he was not going to make any money off the part, you know just like Jeff Hunter as Capt Pike! Man he made a mistake!

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
beeblebrox said:
Why was Pernell Roberts (Adam) left out of the figure kit? Now I can't do my "Trapper John,MD" conversion! :rolleyes:
My best guess is that the kit was produced after Pernell Roberts left the series.

- GJS

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeah, but you'd need to scrape the top of his head bald! AND he probally felt that he was not going to make any money off the part, you know just like Jeff Hunter as Capt Pike! Man he made a mistake!

Unfortunately, Jeff Hunter was injured on a movie set and died in May 1969, just after what was Trek's last season. If Roddenberry had done all the recasting he did, but Hunter had decided to stay with the show, it would have had a much different tone. I thought he was too stiff as Pike, but then Shatner was the same way at the beginning.

If Hunter had stayed with the show, his death could have been the end of Trek, because it would have been hard to do the movies without a known captain.

But then again, if he'd been on Trek he might not have been on the set of "Viva America," where he was hurt, setting of the chain of events that led to his death at age 42.

Just goes to show ya never know what hand Fate will deal...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Are you kidding? I had just about every MMM accessory available. Spent many a Saturday playing spaceman with my friends. Every once in awhile I check that E-place to see what's available. Would love to get my hands on a GI Joe space capsule too. BTW - MRC/Atomic City are putting out a 1/12 scale Mercury capsule soon.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
yeah , MMM was great . he had that backpack that with the string and ya could make him "fly" . he'd be just about right for that new Mercury capsule .
hb

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Anyway - getting back to that Bonanza kit. It never got a bid at usd $90.00. If you really want it, mightn't it be worth it to shoot the guy an e-mail and make an offer. I came away a few times with kits at much better prices using that unscrupulous yet efficient method.

Jimmy B
(who remembers when Creepy-crawler Thingmakers were the REAL Thingmakers and
not Easy-bake ovens)

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
A couple of years ago I went to a yard sale and picked up a BOX of MMM stuff - figures, cart, rover, sled, etc., for three bucks! I kept a few items but the rest was sold at toy shows...

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
ChrisW said:
A couple of years ago I went to a yard sale and picked up a BOX of MMM stuff - figures, cart, rover, sled, etc., for three bucks! I kept a few items but the rest was sold at toy shows...
And I'll bet you made a handsome profit, eh Chris?

- GJS

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Veedub, the capsule may not be that hard to find, it was reissued within the last 5 years, I believe. I kept my Mego Spock in mine... an original, of course. Love to know what I did with it. It was one of those things, you look around and you don't have any more, but you don't remember getting rid of? I think there are some forms of matter that simply fade, but science doesn't know about them because... well, because they fade...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts