Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is using the Fresh Cherries castings to make model demo derby cars? I know the Gremlins and Pacers are supposed to make really good derby cars!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I've already 'converted' some pacers, gremlins,chevettes and 70s mustangs into derby cars.I swapped out the original axles/tires, punched out the grilles/headlights and removed the glass. When I have some spare time, some will eventually be painted as well. I also plan on using some florist wire to replicate some #9 wire to run from the rear fenders to the roof.
The AMC Pacers are banned at some places for compact debies because of their overall strength. The gremlin, pacer, and mustang all have one thing in common, rear leaf spring suspensions. They make for super strong rears. In fact, motormax did a great job on the base of these cars replicating the leaf springs. This is why I'm hoping they make an AMC Spirit sometime soon as well.

crafty

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yes, a fellow called "mookie427" makes them but he calls them "banger racers" instead. I think it's the same thng - junk cars with bad paint jobs and no windows driving into each other, just like bumper cars or "dodge-'ems."

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard of Bangar racing.. it is a British Sport in which the winner is who ever completes the most laps in the allotted time. Rubbin' really is racin' when it comes to Bangar racing :p

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
ive done a couple dirt track car out of the stang, mavrick, and gremlin, and pacer
none are complete yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts