Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing they will be cars from the movie. Does anyone know the cars being used? Any info would be great :thumbsup:.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
This assortment is slated to contain

Three of the following:
1969 Charger General Lee

Two each of the following:
Daisy's Jeep CJ
Daisy's 1972 Roadrunner
General Lee 1969 Dodge Charger Dirty Version
Cooter's 1970 Camaro

One each of the following:
Dodge 1977 Monaco Police Car

Assortment is subject to change without notice

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GeraldE61 said:
Not that excited by this release.
Ditto, but a dirty version of the "General Lee" and Hazzard cop cars are a must have. Also I think (2) if not (3) Dodge 1977 Monaco Police Car should be in a inner. I see why 3 GL's are in there. But two Daisy's Jeep CJ, Daisy's 1972 Roadrunner, and Cooter's 1970 Camaro(FUTURE PEG WARMERS). Same marketing mistakes in my eye. A "Hazzard County" cop car(I would like at least 5 in my diorama chasing the General Lee) would be a hot seller.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I agree that two Daisy's Jeeps and Roadrunners are probably a bit much. Are they going to be significantly different than the HOW 6 release (and the General Lees too for that matter)? The Camaro might do OK since it's a Camaro. The police car is probably fine at one per case. They'll go fast at first but I can see it lingering after a while.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There are a bunch of other cars JL can toss in there if there taking cars from the new movie, TA, crown vic, etc.

Anyone remember the RC2 movie cars from little while back, bandit, Gone in 60 (orig vers) etc.

Any dates on this sets release?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
This assortment is slated to contain
One each of the following:
Dodge 1977 Monaco Police Car
oh please god, make it come true. this casting would have so much potential. it could easily be used over and over in future HOW releases and police vehicle releases. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
darkwiz said:
Cooter's 1970 Camaro(FUTURE PEG WARMERS). Same marketing mistakes in my eye.
actually the RC2 cooter's camaro is one of the most sought after currently produced 1/64 DOH car to my knowledge. i remember that i got lucky when i scored mine and paid next to nothing for it in a multiple car lot purchase. back then they were selling on average for $35. i haven't come across one lately but there is a seller trying to get $89.95 for a loose one. :freak: the double zero stang also tends to bring in some serious cash and always had. who knows what the future could bring. you may be correct. by the time they come out, the market could pass for what movie/tv car collectors are looking for. :drunk:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
MoparNut360 said:
At least the '74 Monaco would be somewhat accurate,I believe they had a few of those monacos in some of the earlier episodes.
Correct- the pilot episode and the first few episodes did use the '74 Monaco. A '77 Monaco would be even better, but it seems unlikely we'll get one soon. Of course, Yatming and Hot Wheels (Charawheels- Batman set- Joker's car) do this Monaco in 1/64, so there is hope.

Aside from the obvious fit with "The Dukes of Hazzard" it could be used for "CHiP's", "Hunter", and more. Of course, the current Monaco could be used for "Hill Street Blues" and they have yet to do that...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope they do a new tooling for the 77 Monaco. ERTL are using their 1/18 scale 1974 Dodge Monaco as a Hazzard County Sherrifs cruiser. Its due out in January 07. Only draw back is that they are re using the light bar which was on their Mount Prospect PD car. Its not accurate, but I'll buy it to chase the General Lee around in 1/18 scale.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts