Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rumours from the Chicago show anyone? There was talk of a possible new tooling a while back.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Sorry, didn't see anything closely resembling the King. Mostly Sci-Fi and Car re-pops this year at the R2 booth.

Rob
Iwata Padawan

·
Registered
490 Posts
Being a Kong fan, I inquired about that earlier this year. Nobody's saying anything about it since it was announced at Wonderfest '08. Must of got lost in the cracks.

Rogue

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it was ever announced.......it was more like a few rumours on this board from last years show but it's a real shame if they've dropped it. Moebius are doing Frankenstein and Dracula so I would imagine Kong could do just as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
At Wonderfest 08, Round 2 had a display with pics of upcoming projects. One of the pictures was of the Akira Class starship another was of Kong. Both kits being of all new tooling. I would consider that being an announcement. At this years WF no mention of either kit was mentioned.

Rogue

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At Wonderfest 08, Round 2 had a display with pics of upcoming projects. One of the pictures was of the Akira Class starship another was of Kong. Both kits being of all new tooling. I would consider that being an announcement. At this years WF no mention of either kit was mentioned.

Rogue

Did it actually say new tooling with the picture and was there any photo's of the display, or did you see it in person?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I remember big movie stills of Kong plastered all over their booth. I quized about the pics. The guy behind the counter told me they were doing an all new Kong Kit. I think there must have been a license glitch..

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a real shame if they aren't doing it now. I wish someone from Polar Lights would come on like Moebius does and give us some info about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts