Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this last night...are there any "national" type events for the BoLink Legends-type cars? Here's what I was thinking, and sure wish I had the resources to put on an event:

Box-stock Legends: handout motors (27-turn, 5-degree stock motors). Bushings only; no bearings. Spec tires: three compounds - blue, yellow, green. 4-cell 1600/1700 batteries. Weight: 1000 grams (that's what we weight at our track)

Semi-Pro Legends: handout motors, any compound spec tire. Bearings OK. 4-cell 1600/1700 batteries.

Pro class: any stock motor, any 4-cell battery up to 3800mAh. Any tire.

SK Mods: Spec tires, motor, and batteries (don't really know enough about what this class usually runs).

"Big-block" Modifieds: any chassis, mod motors, any tires. Open-wheel Modified (NASCAR-type) bodies (not sure if anyone is making these?).

Sprint cars: Winged sprint cars, mod motors, 6-cell batteries, any tire. (Only because these things are WICKED fast! ;)).

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I dont know where you live but out here in CT we started an annual SK Shootout race at K/N for the SK class and we had I think it was over 50 SK racers. I am more than willing to bet this year we will have more than that since the SK class is taking over fast all over in the NewEngland area. I am almost positive that K/N would include or do a big event for the legends like they are doing for the Annual S/K Shootout race. contact Chad at 860-508-3815 if you want.

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
I think it was tried a few years ago and nobody would pre-enter so it was scrapped! Legends, SK and spec racing really shouldn't be progressing to national level racing. They are beginner, fun and budget racing classes! If you have the talent and skills to run on a national level there are plenty of 1/10th and 1/12th classes available to run.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
dont know about the legends but have to say with sk's it does infact need some type of skill to drive to go fast(open wheel. like the brushless class, sk class is spreading like a wild fire and to say its a beginer class would have to disagree. sk spec class then yes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm down here in Florida...LOL...our "local" track...well...we're lucky if we get six cars to run. Went to run last night, and I was the only one that showed up :( It wasn't *too* cold here last night, but when I got the track, the gates were locked and the big "Closed" sign was posted. Made a coupla phone calls, and "We're not running, no one showed up"...:\ Can't afford all-new equipment at the moment to go 1/10th pan car racing and be able to keep up somewhat...

Oh well...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dude, not cool!!! I take pride in my legends racing!! Just because some of us don't have the money to compete with a pancar doesnt mean you can fun of us. likestodrinkguy, why don't you spew your hatred torwards legends care somewhere else!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
AllahAkbar said:
Dude, not cool!!! I take pride in my legends racing!! Just because some of us don't have the money to compete with a pancar doesnt mean you can fun of us. likestodrinkguy, why don't you spew your hatred torwards legends care somewhere else!!

do you mean money, or skill.

p.s. it doesnt take money to us corect diction.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Whatever, drunkguy! I'm just saying that you need to open your mind and be more compassionate torwards other R/C Racers. We all work hard on keeping this hobby strong and vibrant. Its individuals such as yourself that cause people to not want to race because you have a poor attitude. Why don't you just let us play with our legends in peace?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Back to my original posting...

I had thought I read somewheres a while back about a big Legends-only event somewheres in Georgia or South Carolina, but they had classes like "Modified Legends", Nitro Legends, etc. I was thinking more of an event for the "low-buck" guys that would have more fun instead of "hardcore" racing, that's all. Like I said, can't afford to go pan-car racing right now...LOL

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
i think if the legend and sk guys wanted a national event and set it up it would get huge. just because its not pan cars doesnt make it less important. thats just my opinion. i enjoy runnin pan car and enjoy occasionaly runnin any other class including sk and legends.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
ARCOR did (or still does?) run legends at their events. I have never run legends, but from what I have observed on forums over the years things go bad in a hurry when you start running legends at "big" races.

When you have a car that is not straignhtforward to adjust and a lot of strict rules it leads to a lot of rule bending and advantages for guys who know how to do it.

Legends are probably best left as a fun local class. Besides it's nice for a track owner when he can count on his legends guys being there even when the others are off at a big race.

Just my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts