Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new on this forum but I figured since I'm so very bored right now I'd see if anyone plays. As for myself I'm mainly a guitar player. I also play at bass, drums, keys and I used to actually play bagpipes in a very reputable band for a brief moment. I'm mostly self taught accept for bagpipes, which I had an awesome teacher for. Anyone else share my passion for music?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I play bass, and guitar. Playin since 88. been in a few bands. Released a bunch of CDs and records on an overseas record label. Toured the states a few times. Still do stuff now and again, but no more touring since 01.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey just found this thread by accident, yes music has been a giant part of my life. I actually just parted with a band I have been playing, writing and recording with for the last 10 years. With that, I'm actively jamming with new musicians trying to get something going again.

I am a vocalist and all I do is metal. I also play a little guitar, played bass guitar for close to 5 years in and out of bands and started on drums...though I'm pretty much the worst drummer you've ever met in your life these days lol.

Right now I keep an old Jackson close by when I come up with a riff or something and I have 2 basses in need of a major tune up. An Ibanez that has been dropped down the steps, had beer spilled on it, left in cars in extreme weather....and never ever let me down. That thing is literally indestructable and I believe it's more of a starter model too.

I also have a fretless Yamaha bass that is really cool. When I was younger I'd actually play it through a BOSS Overdrive and record my jams on an old Tascam 4 Track, then go back and play the "bass" parts clean...and use the Overdrive track as a guitar track. Sure it sounded like crap but I thought it was cool lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DirtyBobbysBikes, I LOVE your Billy Corgan Strat! How does it sound?

I play myself, just guitar and I like rock/blues.

I'll post pics when I get my post count built up!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DirtyBobbysBikes, I LOVE your Billy Corgan Strat! How does it sound?

I play myself, just guitar and I like rock/blues.

I'll post pics when I get my post count built up!
It's got a nice chunky sound. Lots of grunt. It's pretty much my go to guitar if ridiculous amounts of distortion are involved. It handles it so well yet it also sounds amazing clean. I built up my mexican strat based on the strats Billy used back in the early days with the lace sensors. That sounds really good, the BC strat is like that only doubled. If you get the chance I recommend playing one through a nice amp, you might just take it home with you. :lol:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
just started trying to teach myself bass and guitar have an Ibanez SR400QM in the heritage cherry sunburst color ( discontinued) found it at a local music store along with a few other NOS ( new old stock) items, and got it with a gator hardshell case for 350.00 out the door, also have a bc rich warlock, it is a bronze series nbut has the 2 full octave ( 24 fret) neck. sorry no pics.

right now I am trying to sell my jet ski so I can go buy an epiphone les paul plus top pro with a hardshell case sadly worng time of year and to many lowballers wanting something for nothing :(. oh well when the "season" hits price will go up on the ski, still will get the lowballers but figure maybe then they will be more inclined to to be more reasonable ( then again maybe not LOL).

never got into strat or tele style axes always preferred the dual humbuckers (can get single coil sound by coil tapping anyway if that is the sound you want).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm fairly new on this forum but I figured since I'm so very bored right now I'd see if anyone plays. As for myself I'm mainly a guitar player. I also play at bass, drums, keys and I used to actually play bagpipes in a very reputable band for a brief moment. I'm mostly self taught accept for bagpipes, which I had an awesome teacher for. Anyone else share my passion for music?
Guitars look clean, very nice! I play mainly acoustic guitar and have recently been teaching myself piano (which I absolutely love)! Funny enough, my grandma plays bagpipes, something I was always fascinated by!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mmm, this is tasty. >:)

I'll see that Strat,and raise you a Tele.

I've never been in any band but there are plenty of dudes who at least are guitar hobbyists. But also, one good friend of mine is a beginner composer and another one created a band a few years ago (they're still rising but they're getting better and better with time passing) ...
Though, I'm playing to. Started just recently -- friend recommended me to pick this but his recommendation appeared more useful then any of us could suppose -- electro drums looks very... interesting and promising for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts