Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I was wondering whats happening with the Nemesis Scorpion model from Polar Lights,is it still on schedule to be released by November and the Big Refit E in 1/350 scale any new news?,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
If you go to the Playing Mantis site and go to the upcoming releases schedule, you'll see that the 1701-A is due o come out in October and the Scorpion in November.

Product release schedules are always subject to change so a blow-by-blow update won't really mean much.

http://www.playingmantis.com/pl/coming_soon_details.php?articleid=737

The way I figure it, I've got about 120 years worth of model building piled up in my basement, so a release getting moved around a couple of months has minimal impact on my "to do" list! The sooner a kit comes out, the sooner it gets tossed on the pile! LOL!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,219 Posts
Only 120 years? Amateur!

I'm thinking of having myself frozen until immortality is discovered so I can finish just the WWII collection.

·
Registered
982 Posts
That's was very funny guys. But watch it, somebody might close this tread. PL future is becoming something we can't talk about anymore around here .......... now let's be quiet ....

·
Registered
877 Posts
>>That's was very funny guys. But watch it, somebody might close this tread. PL future is becoming something we can't talk about anymore around here .......... now let's be quiet .... <<

We could always use one of those WWII U-Boat Enigma units to pass the word :cool:

·
Registered
982 Posts
fokkerpilot said:
>>That's was very funny guys. But watch it, somebody might close this tread. PL future is becoming something we can't talk about anymore around here .......... now let's be quiet .... <<

We could always use one of those WWII U-Boat Enigma units to pass the word :cool:
Maybe they already have an Enigma unit buddy. They are pretty powerful people ya know. Maybe the best way to stay undercover is (darn I wish there was a 0,5 letter size) to start using the PM's. Uhmmmmm, maybe their Enigma unit can read PM's. Resistance is futile. We will be assimilated.... :cool:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Hey guys, the Polar Lights board is right next door and they have answered this question over there several times. Both kits supposedly on track, but delivery dates for Polar lights sometimes slip.

As for the subject of the future of Polar Lights, we really have to take a wait and see approach.

f1steph, I'm not currently looking for another moderator so why don't you leave that job to me. Thanks

Steve

·
Starship Class
11,819 Posts
[obscure reference to excellent movie, Enigma]Yes! Let's use the enigma machine because I want to tell Kate Winslet that I'm in love with her![/obscure reference to excellent movie, Enigma]

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
AAAH!
Now my monitor won't stop ringing.
Is this that funny thread about nothing?
I love it when that feller explodes into Jerry's apartment. Jerry had that Horizon Superman on the shelf. Whew! Managed to actually get a model reference in there.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I came across it while searching for something else.
It actually is from another forum that died
and was rolled into this one.

I thought it a bit humorous that at the time someone was enthused
about the Scorpion so I resurrected it.

Not that it wasn't a well executed kit. It's just that at the
time not too many were interested and it looked like PL
was going to go into the great abyss without ever producing
the 1/350th kit they had said they wanted to build for years
at that point.

No one had any inkling(I'm sure not even the owner) that
Polar Lights would be resurrected years later and then after
a few years actually produce the kit. Especially since they
had already been waiting years before PL's folding already.

So in a way, thinking about how far R2 has gone towards
responding so well to Trek fans nowadays makes what they
are doing now in the way of producing so many long wished
for kits and retoolings all the more exciting and satisfying.

Besides, no one updated it when the Scorpion was released
soon afterwards. Wanted to make sure Guy knew about it. :tongue:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts