Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a youngen, but my Dad had a Louis Marx trainset from about 1950 that I used to play with all the time as a kid, until I ruined most of the cars and killed the engine(it was our christmas train).. :(

Fortunately, last Christmas I found the EXACT same set and gave it to him as a replacement. After doing all the research in trying to find a replacement set(My dad originally thought was a Lionel and I spent a year trying to figure out it was a Marx)I am really getting into the Marx tin trains. They are very beautiful, with a unique charecteristic that Lionel doesn't quite have.

The tin lithograph, hand-painted little train-sets are just too cute. And even though Lionel is THE name in trainsets, I'm more inclined to start collecting Marx. Anyone share my sentiment?

Rocky

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Rockfox said:
...I am really getting into the Marx tin trains. They are very beautiful, with a unique charecteristic that Lionel doesn't quite have.

The tin lithograph, hand-painted little train-sets are just too cute. And even though Lionel is THE name in trainsets, I'm more inclined to start collecting Marx. Anyone share my sentiment?

Rocky
Marx trains are kind of the Model T's of electric trains: good, and cheap. My favorite Marx tin litho trains are the 3/16 scale. Also, the Wm. Crooks eight-wheel passenger cars.

I also like Marx's use of colored plastic. Neat stuff!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts