Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Nothing that I ever hear of.....the only thing that I get wind of is the Toy and Hobby show that they have at the NC State Fair grounds about every three months or so. I'm a rocks throw from the VA line about 50 miles north of Raleigh.

:wave:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gad, are there ever any JL Gatherings anywhere? Okay, besides IN. I was the president of the Salt Flat Hot Wheelers here in Utah, and we have meetings every other month. Even though the club is mainly about Hot Wheels, we do diecast cars in general. I sort of got over my Brand X phase and abdicated the presidency. I find that it is hard to talk people out of the "Blue Card ONLY" mentality that seems to dominate in the diecast aisles. I try to be friendly and outgoing, but not many people seem to pull JLs off the pegs while I am there.

If there's anyone around here (UT, WY, ID, NV, CO) that wants to do a JL event, I'd be happy to help...

-Brad

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hey, Paulel. I lived in Statesville about 20 years ago. Haven't been back much, but would love to know if Keeton's Chicken is still serving out in the county.

We didn't have Johnny Lightning get-togethers, but somebody would usually have a jar of lightning at a pig-pickin or a fish fry! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Now back to your regularly scheduled message board. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts