Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I go by the nick name win43. You might think it has something to do with Richard Petty, but even though I was a big Petty fan my nickname is not in reference to him. I played league softball for 6 years (10 games a season). I was the pitcher and my record was 43-17 ( it's good to have a great defense behind you)thus the name win43.

Jerry(win43)

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
joe....................... z ......................870
first name...........last initial............old house #

If I change it now, it will confuse everyone.....including myself....lol

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I was trying to think of something snappy as an AOL screen name... something that had to do with cars. ParkRNDL were the letters in the shift quadrant of my old Impala ('65 with a 283 and a Powerglide). This is what I came up with, and it stuck...

edit: actually, now that I think back, I was also influenced by an episode of Mama's Family with Carol Burnett and Vicki Lawrence... they were trying to teach Mama to drive, and she looked at the dash and asked "What's a prindle?" I thought that was hilarious...

--rick

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Remember, you did ask... lol

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Ok, maybe not...:rolleyes:
When I first joined Almost-On-Line I was looking for a screen name that wasn't something like Scott999...
So I played around with the AOL name game trying to come up with something clever. I tried using the license plate number from my 1972 Camaro Super Sport
"NOT A Z28" but unfortunatly someone HAD that. (Go figure...)
My Wife, seeing my frustration said "Try 'NOT A Z'." which is shortened version of my tag... It too was taken. :freak:
So my Wife suggested "NODD A Z" or Noddaz...
And you did ask... lol
Scott

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Cool Handle! ParkRNDL

The correct pronounciation is Per-nun-del. Sorry man, Thats car shop slang for the PRNDL switch on automatic trannys. I wish I could come up with some thing cool. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......BH

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This is a good thread!

I always wondered about Joe’s “870” (he prob’ told me before, but I can’t remember much these days…:freak: )

The same with yours Scott—
This one I’ve wondered about ever since I read the first post of yours!
(I thought you worked nights—No days!:) )

I knew what yours was Rick, but I’ve always thought it was a very neat “handle”. (One of the best, actually...)

Mine comes from a car I'd sold (What a flamin’ idiot move that was!:drunk: ).

But I was smart enough to keep the engine to use in something else-
It’s now an 8-stack (old style) injected 540 Cu. Hemi beast—still waiting for the “right” bod’. (And no, the Divco is not it…:rolleyes: )

Cheers,
phil

Ps- Bill, we always pronounced it purr-nen-dull ;)

·
Banned
2,472 Posts
TX Street Racer said:
Well, there's honestly no real big mystery as to my name's origin...... I live in Texas.......and used to street race ALOT.....lmfao...... :p
Mine is kinda self explanatory, although I'm more of a Hamilton/Marco/Nico fan these days....

·
Tweak 'em and Run
978 Posts
I have had this monicer for what seems like centuries. My dad started it. He was amazed at the fact that I could do many different skills (none with any formal training).

Jack of All, master of none is what he would always say to me...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You can ask my parents about the martybauer part... the 31 came from me changing internet providers about 6 years ago, and some tool already having my name apparently.... So I needed something close I would remember, why not a number? My birthdate 13 was taken, birth year 69 was just going to make me sound like a perv, so I went with my age at the time. Pretty exciting I know.

I actually use this name or Nailz on most of the forum sites, Nailz was from being a big Quake fan, I loved the nail gun, the Z came on the end as for some reason I thought that was cooler than an S, lame I know.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Many moons ago,when the internet was unknown to many,I needed a screen name for something.For some reason,the first thing to pop into my head was "RacerX".

I was the only one for a long time.WHen others started popping up,I surrounded RacerX with two ^'s.As more came along,I just added my first name,Mike,to the beginning.That was 10 years ago.

Im AKA Ice9 and Mr_Scary_01 in other places.

Mike

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Seth is my son, I started this screen name when he was born.
but before that???????????
I'm sure some of you remember my old screen anme from the days before the slot car board.
SICKDEAD....which was derived from my then aol name, sckded......which broke down from s....abbr. of my last name
ckd....I am a certified kitchen designer
ed....my first name

1 - 20 of 63 Posts