Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post the progress of my Flypogger kits that I was fortune enough to aquire in the past 2 years. Both were bought built-up. I tore down the Flip Out kit and was successful at separating all pieces without any damage to parts. Also had to ez-off the paintjob that was obviously done by a youngster. Flip is now at the sanding stage. He is just about ready for paint. The wave still needs seam attention. Only thing missing from this kit is the little mouse and a surf board. I even have the little blue drops of water that dangle from the can he is holding.

Speed Shift was rudely assembled by a youngster and the last owner had no choice but to rudely dis-assemble it. I am still hoping the old owner can find the hand holding the steering wheel. It looks like someone put this together with a cigarette lighter, actually. Will be posting progress pics should there be interest.

·
Curmudgeon
6,638 Posts
Nice scores! :thumbsup: I wish someone would re-pop these kits; I wouldn't pay the prices they're going for on Evilbay even if I could afford to.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah - These were some great kits back in the mid 60's - I bought the speed shift resin copy from Python, but bought Flip out from you know where for only $25; with a good box! - I agree with Zombie - would like to see these reissued in styrene.

Gerry-Lynn

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have eyeballed that resin kit in the past and finally came across a plastic one that was in need of attention. I like the fixer uppers. And 25 bucks for a FLIP OUT with a box....WOW! That is incredible, Gerry-Lynn!

I would like to see these guys reissued as well. They deserve it. I think I parted with about 55 bucks for the Flip Out and around 70 for the Speed shift. Well worth it to me though. I am very anxious to make these little creatures shine again and they go well with the rest of my finks, weird-ohs and monster mobiles. Happy to have them as part of my built up collection. Would love to see some other flypogger built-ups.....anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts