Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I want to obtain diecast of all the vehicles I've had but some of them I don't even know if any was made much less who made it. So a bit of help is in order. 1/18 or 1/24 would be awesome but 1/43 or 1/64 may have to do. Main thing is I need them all the same scale as I want to make a diaroma with them. Color doesnt matter, thats what they make paint for :) and even year doesn't matter too much as long as there were no major body style changes between the years. So heres what I've had, anyone point me in the right direction?

64' Ford Falcon
72' Plymouth Duster
83' Chevy Chevette (don't laugh, it was a freebie)
79' Chevy short van (boogie style)
86' Ford Mustang vertible
84' Nissan 720 (datsun) King cab 4x2
88' Dodge Ram 50
02' Nissan Frontier, crew cab 4x2
95 Chrysler Lebaron vertible

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Here are the ones I know about:

Falcon: 1/18 by Road Signature, 1/24 by Jada (Pro Stock), 1/25 plastic promo
Duster: 1/18 by Ertl (Pro Stock), 1/24 by RSC (Pro Stock) (lots of options for '71 Dusters, though)
Van: 1/24 by Planet toys, 1/25 plastic models by Revell and MPC
Mustang: No '86 drop tops, but there are '86 coupes and '89 convertibles

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey I want to obtain diecast of all the vehicles I've had but some of them I don't even know if any was made much less who made it. So a bit of help is in order. 1/18 or 1/24 would be awesome but 1/43 or 1/64 may have to do. Main thing is I need them all the same scale as I want to make a diaroma with them. Color doesnt matter, thats what they make paint for :) and even year doesn't matter too much as long as there were no major body style changes between the years. So heres what I've had, anyone point me in the right direction?

64' Ford Falcon
72' Plymouth Duster
83' Chevy Chevette (don't laugh, it was a freebie)
79' Chevy short van (boogie style)
86' Ford Mustang vertible
84' Nissan 720 (datsun) King cab 4x2
88' Dodge Ram 50
02' Nissan Frontier, crew cab 4x2
95 Chrysler Lebaron vertible

Thanks for the help!
On the 1/64 end, Hotwheels makes a 72 Thruster Duster in the "since 68" line. Johnny Lightning makes a Chevette, not sure what year, also Fresh Cherries makes a '76 Chevette. Corgi Juniors made a nifty van called "Vantastic"

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah you guys are good! no Lebarons or the trucks huh? I've searched a bit online but havent found much. I've seen those Van models by Revell, they usually go pretty expensive on ebay.

This isn't something I want to get done immediately, just something to work on so if you stumble across someone that makes one feel free to come back and tell me :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
There is a Chevette out there, not sure of the year, but then they all look a like (I had two of them). I have a couple at home, I'll have to look at the manufacturer

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
On the 1/64 end, Hotwheels makes a 72 Thruster Duster in the "since 68" line. Johnny Lightning makes a Chevette, not sure what year, also Fresh Cherries makes a '76 Chevette. Corgi Juniors made a nifty van called "Vantastic"

Johnny Lightning never made a Chevette, but Yes, Fresh Cherries (Motormax) did and there is another company that made them too.

·
Registered
781 Posts
JL has a boogie van series. Here are 2

Jada has some nice Ford Falcons, but even though they say 1/64th scale, they are a little bigger than the HW or JL.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ERTL made this Chevette that Swifty posted over on his site last year. Yatming also made a 1976 2 door hatchback as well. It's #1071.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Pony, I think your best bet is going to be 1/64th scale. That's the scale where you will be able to get the largest number of these cars.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Here are the ones I know about:

Falcon: 1/18 by Road Signature, 1/24 by Jada (Pro Stock), 1/25 plastic promo
Duster: 1/18 by Ertl (Pro Stock), 1/24 by RSC (Pro Stock) (lots of options for '71 Dusters, though)
Van: 1/24 by Planet toys, 1/25 plastic models by Revell and MPC
Mustang: No '86 drop tops, but there are '86 coupes and '89 convertibles
Who makes the 89 COnvertable? I would love to find one, close enough to my 87 for me

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Ive seen the plastic kit, just didnt realize GMP did a convertable. Thanks for the info! Just looked at ebay, even the right color!! GT convertible, white, white top, red interior! Only thing wrong is the rims!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts