Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave recently estimated the release date for the Great Star-Spangled one to be 'October-ish'.
Well this is October.... ishn't it?? ;)

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
DinoMike said:
Previews magazine has Capt. America listed as a January release now, I think.....
Is this really true? Does this mean I have a few more months to get my Aurora reconditioned version finished? I've got the base about 3/4 done already. I need to figure out how to recast the damaged foot parts and missing wings.

DaveM...can you give us an update?

MMM

·
Registered
701 Posts
MMM... don't think you could use the PL version for that anyway, if you're hoping to do a straight pull off the PL kit parts.... that kit's been "scaled up" like the Spidey & Hulk kits.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
DinoMike said:
MMM... don't think you could use the PL version for that anyway, if you're hoping to do a straight pull off the PL kit parts.... that kit's been "scaled up" like the Spidey & Hulk kits.
I am aware of that...that was why I stated that I have to figure out how to recast the original parts somehow. I have two of these Aurora kits with parts missing from both. I would like to have two complete kits by the time I'm finished with the project. Then I can display "lil Cap" with PL version "Big Cap" side by side! And maybe sell the second kit to pay for both!

MMM

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
3M - you have two Caps, right? Doesn't one have the boots? Cult has a thread up on his new BB about doing some casting of Aurora parts for people who need a part - as lonmg as he can get the part to copy in the first place. You should check in with him.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, we had an absolutely beautifully done painted builtup of Captain America at the RCHTA show in Rosemont IL last weekend--test shots of the kit, professionally done up--very striking model, and I'm not a figure enthusiast!

Art

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Hey Gray Headed Art....

Are you from RC2PL?

Can you find out the lastest release info on this kit for us?

Thanks!

MMM

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Mike Warshaw said:
Is it really all that hard to start a new thread rather than clutter up the place with this bump garbage?
??

Why would he clutter up the place with more threads when it's much more logical to bump this single thread?

Maybe I'm bad at math but it seems to me that starting a new thread every week to ask the same question creates more clutter than bumping ONE thread.

·
Starship Class
11,863 Posts
Jimmy B said:
Dave recently estimated the release date for the Great Star-Spangled one to be 'October-ish'.
Well this is October.... ishn't it?? ;)
:roll:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts