Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
It's a love / hate issue here for 1/43rd scale.

I like the scale very much. It has the possibility of being akin to HO in popularity and competition if anyone would participate in other than Proxy Racing. Nobody wants to promote this scale, just paly vrooom vrooom.

I've pretty much dropped from some BB's as proxy racing is all they concentrate on. That's not racing .

Nobody races them head to head. I want to be there rubbing fenders with my competition. I want to shake my oponents hand after the race.

My son and some friends raced 1/43rd oval last year on his 1/32nd Artin track and they were a blast. We raced primairilly SCX and Carrera's with a few Artin cars thrown in.

What do you run ?

Do you have a racing group ?

What voltage ?

What ohm controllers ?

Layout ?

Do you scaratch build ?

Where are you located ? I'm in eastern Ohio .

Those are the catagories that I like to be involved in , plus the tech issues that are non-stop with this hobby.

Actually , I'd like a serious / head to head 1/43rd racing group to start a bulletin board of their own. Racers that have a racing group or club. Racers that want to promote 1/43rd scale racing. This might just be the place to start. They have a 1/32nd scale section, maybe they'd open a 1/43rd.

I'm glad you posted but that's where I stand on this scale. NO PROXIES and let's make 1/43rd scale a recognizable scale of slot car racing.

Thx , Gonzo

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Gonzo and Dragula,

Actually new to 1/43 (old HO guy) as I'm starting to pick up SCX compact stuff. The idea for this post actually came from the forum moderators. I inquired about a 1/43 discussion group and they suggested to post the issue. Perhaps if their is enough interest we can get a discussion group going.

Brian a

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gonzo but I guess it really isn't up to me. If there is interest we'll see what happens. If not, no harm.

Brian A

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dragula,

Did you ever race Artins or other brands ?

With the newer cars such as Carrera and SCX comming on the scene , they are antiqueting the others. The newwer characteristics and engineering is similar to the 1/32nd cars.

Gonzo

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I pick up one of every new 1/43rd car I come across, except for those which only come in sets (like some of the SCX cars).

This scale could be fun, although the few times I set up a small track using Artin 1/43rd track, I felt the cars were too big for the track. A larger track where they look more proportional would be a big help. A routed track, when I make one, will have a 1/8" slot to handle both HO and 1/43rd. Maybe the 1/43rd would use every other lane? I'd have to see if there's a lane spacing where both HO and 1/43rd look good.

And if you started racing them, you'd need a parts supply chain. I don't now that one exists.

Joe

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I would love to do some head-to-head 1/43rd racing but, you need to have enough people in close proximity for that. If are able to make more peoplr aware of how awsome this scale is, maybe eventually we can have people near us to race against.

Please add a 1/43rd forum here.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Micyou3,I totally forgot I bought a ton of Carrera GO slot sets a while back!I have a bunch of these and love them!Thanks a bunch for reminding me!
Dragula

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Cool, I'm glad I can help.

The cars pictured above are SCX Compact. They are really cool with swivel guide flags and nice detail. Kinda like mini 1/32nd cars but without the interiors. They are really nice like I said except that out of the box the front wheels don't touch the track. They can be brought down but, it takes some work.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Carrera "GO" cars have a long guide pin similar to a jet flag style guide.The carrera have double ended braid,and they are very fast.
Christian

·
Registered
685 Posts
Micyou,

Getting people involved with the 1/43rd scale shouldn't be any more diffscult than any other scale.

I race all 4 scales. I usually race the oval and trans am classes except with the T-Jets I race primairilly road courses.

My son has an Artin 4 lane 1/32nd track. Last year I brought over some 1/43rd cars and we were playing with them on his track. Now several o his racing buddies all have 1/43rd scale cars as well as 1/32nd scale.

If you don't have any racers , then thats another issue. It means that you need to promote your hobby. Put a notice on public bulletin boards about what your doing. Ask family and friends that enjoy racing to join you for some organized racing. Try having an organized race even if it's crash and burn at least 2 times a month.

I see this scale of cars highly ignored. Lets face it. They need work to be set up properly and to run efficient. However , so does 1/32nd and HO or any of the others. None runs 100% out of the box. Also , they've come a long way in looks. They're as detailed as any othet scale now ecspecially with the SCX and Carrera cars. The one big advantage is that they don't take a lot of room to have a nice sized layout and if you alreday have 1 1/32nd scale track , they run good on those as well.

I'm sure you know all that but there it is for those that don't know.

Gonzo

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The only scale I can race around here is 1/24th. Sure I get people over once and a while, but nothing organized. Honestly, I'm not motivated enough to do it. If there was somewhere else to go and do it I would. I enjoy getting on my track when I want to, and not worry about getting others over at a certain time.

·
Registered
685 Posts
What ever happened to this post ?

Is there really that much " lack " of interest in this scale ?

I'm sure if given a chance that you'll find it a very exciting scale that has a lot to offer the Home Racer and Garage Club Tracks.

Soooooo , I'm bumping this post up.

Gonzo

1 - 20 of 36 Posts