Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever do this?

You buy a new model and want to dig right in, so you put aside the one you're already working on, or put off starting the one you were going to start. And you imagine that poor other model sitting there saying "HEY! What about me?" :(

It must be my distant Celtic ancestry, believing inanimate objects have life.

Some of the kits that have been sitting on the to-do pile for over a decade have been mumbling "You forgot all about me, didn't ya, ya rat?"

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I've got SHELVES of kits which call out to me to finish them. It happens slowly, but surely. Still, it does nothing to make the unfinished kits quiet down. In fact, it makes them increasingly hostile! :eek:

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
It must be my distant Celtic ancestry, believing inanimate objects have life.
Shintoism is based on this notion, so it's not the Celts alone.

None of my half-builts have started talking to me yet. Nor do I hear their plaintive whisper in the night. I threaten them with a hammer and jug of acetone everyday -keeps 'em quiet.

Maybe you got a poultrygoosed in the house trying to lure you into eternal damnation via your guilt for abandoning your 'children'? I saw something like that in a movie once. Once. ... Or maybe it was a Lovecraft story... "The Models of John P." ?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
...and that's why I sleep with my Official Red Ryder BB Gun...Keeps em quiet...
Mcdee:p

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shintoism is based on this notion, so it's not the Celts alone.
Well, I'm part Scottish and no japanese, so... :)

And yeah, despite trying to be careful, I transposed a couple of letters in Anthropomorphize. :(

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
It's the finished ones sitting on the shelf, arms outstretched, gaping mouths revealing glistening fangs, that get to me...
"We're coming to get you, Barbara!"
...however, why they call me Barbara, I'll never know...

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
When ever I go near my to do pile I hear them all cry pleadingly in thier little pathetic voices... :rolleyes: ME pick me!! No not that one its my turn... But instead I place yet another acquisition on the stack, then hear them squeal and screech at me as I walk away throwing my head back and laughing and saying.... MwaaHaaHaa "You'll keep my pretties" MwaaHaaHaa... As I close the door leaving them in darkness :p

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, that's just mean!
:lol:

·
Starship Class
11,936 Posts
Model kits with souls?

No biggie to this Scots-Irish descended fellow. I've always anthropomorphized EVERYTHING!

Which that's why I've beat up on some of the more difficult mocels. Some of them REFUSE to fall into line. We simply can't have that, now can we?

Many of them have also whupped up on me.

We are enemies. They never let me forget that and I never let them forget that I will dominate or destroy them. There is no other choice. It's just the way things are between us.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I am desperately trying to get through the final 25% of my 1:350 Enterprise refit build. Aside from a 1:1000 TOS Enterprise I built halfway through the 350 build, I've been working solely on the Big E and trying to ignore the siren call of the 8 other kits I have in my "too build" pile in the corner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts