Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did our annual visit to the local car museum/antique mall as a late Father's Day event for my brother/dad/I. Found these older ones! I missed finding that black w/ flames Silverado back in 09, happy for that. Also glad to find the black ct wheel variation for that Nissan truck. The black '57 Chevy is more of a filler piece until I find a nicer one, but for $1.25 a piece for the loose cars...I didn't even think twice! The RR Turbo Streak is the nicest of the loose bunch. I had to have the Hi-Rakers Ford coupe.

·
Premium Member
9,799 Posts
Nice finds congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Did our annual visit to the local car museum/antique mall as a late Father's Day event for my brother/dad/I. Found these older ones! I missed finding that black w/ flames Silverado back in 09, happy for that. Also glad to find the black ct wheel variation for that Nissan truck. The black '57 Chevy is more of a filler piece until I find a nicer one, but for $1.25 a piece for the loose cars...I didn't even think twice! The RR Turbo Streak is the nicest of the loose bunch. I had to have the Hi-Rakers Ford coupe.

/QUOTE]

$1.25 for loose cars, how about the carded one?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hm...., do you mean you can bargain? at antique mall?
last time i went to antique mall, only often see, above $10/ item get 10% disc.
I tried to bargain more, but the guy was pretty adamant because everything he had was "older"...:rolleyes: because they are 10+ years old that means they're worth more than $1, right?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice finds.
At least you were able to knock a buck off the asking price.
Yeah, not going to lie I was a bit bummed when he told me "most everything is $5 a car unless marked for more"..when a lot of these cars are $1-4 all day every day on eBay and such.

But I got caught up in the sheer volume he had LOL. Easily 5k+ HW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts