Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hat: C'mon, everybody, join in......Happy Birthday to Me....Happy Birthday to Me....Alright, now just the ladies (and the guys with really high voices)....Happy Birthday to Rebel....Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Well whoop dee doo and all that stuff!! Another year shot to hell!!

Got a nice J2 kit! Opened 'er up and whaddaya know? The upper hull window frame was broken! D'oh!! Tried using testors (blue tube), then tried Tenax-7R, but it doesn't seem to want to set. Am I using the wrong glue? Also, would I be better off breaking the piece off at the other end of the window too and gluing BOTH ends in place (relieving the pull from the bent frame)? What do you guys think? Thanks!

Wayne

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Rebel not sure where the break is but take a piece of thin sheet styrene cement one half using a slow setting ACC or super glue and attach it to one side of the break, with the uncemented half going across the other side. When this is dry cement the break and the other half of the styrene press both together and clamp in place. When this is all dry fill in the break with putty and sand smooth and paint. If you do this right the strip will not be seen or hopefully unnoticed by viewers of your kit.

·
Starship Class
11,837 Posts
Happy birthday! :dude:

With a name like 'Rebel Rocker' you can't be all bad! :jest:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts