Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to tru this morning and found some five paks called (working class) trucks and suvs.they had 4 and i bought the one with the tow trk with the white wheels and base. thats 2 whites in two days! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
That set is the one that I found last week. There were 2 different color schemes. Six sets of each. I got the El Camino WL and one with the 2000 Chevy Silverado WL. The Tow Truck is nice. It looks good as the WL. Congrats on your find.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
This seems to be the trend anymore....at least it appears that way quite often.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Wasn't there a thread awhile back where a few people were saying they wouldn't mind if the WL production #'s were increased b/c they would have a better shot at finding them? Well, now more people are finding them, and everyone's complaining... Not trying to start anything, just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
so the white lightning numbers have been increased? how much of an increase? when did they decide to increase the number of whites? are you saying that theres two whites in every case now?is this in all cases or just the mutiple packaged cars?if its benn increased i guess it wont be to hard to find one. i didnt know they were putting more whites in the cases.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Went to TRU and found 6 of the 10 car box sets - 2 of each. Both of the Muscle car sets had a Camaro with white rims, I left them there for someone else.:)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
D-68pontiac said:
so the white lightning numbers have been increased? how much of an increase? when did they decide to increase the number of whites? are you saying that theres two whites in every case now?is this in all cases or just the mutiple packaged cars?if its benn increased i guess it wont be to hard to find one. i didnt know they were putting more whites in the cases.
No one knows for sure, it's mostly speculation. But people have been saying that there are at least 2 WL's out of the 10(?) or 6(?) that come in a case. Correct me if I'm wrong about the numbers.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
No one knows for sure, it's mostly speculation. But people have been saying that there are at least 2 WL's out of the 10(?) or 6(?) that come in a case. Correct me if I'm wrong about the numbers.
From what I've heard, the WLs are coming in two per case of 6, but let's not forget, these are two WLs out of 60 cars which is still a fairly reasonable percentage.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Type2VDubs said:
I am more worried about all the 6 and 10 car packs coming out for $10-$20. JL collecting is getting more expensive :roll:
Well, each car in those packs is worth $2.00 unless you like paying $2.99 for 6 or ten separate cars. In the end, I only buy the set it has more that one casting in it that I like. Otherwise I try to find someone to buy the particular car from.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
From what I've heard, the WLs are coming in two per case of 6, but let's not forget, these are two WLs out of 60 cars which is still a fairly reasonable percentage.
That would be like finding at least two Treasure Hunts in every case . . . . that takes the chase out of the chase and make every day an ordinary hunt.

I passed on the whites in the 10-car sets as well.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Kiowa said:
That would be like finding at least two Treasure Hunts in every case . . . . that takes the chase out of the chase and make every day an ordinary hunt.

I passed on the whites in the 10-car sets as well.
That's a good point, but then again, imagine how many of those sets would be sitting on the shelves collecting dust drawing your frowns each day if the ones with the white wheels weren't in the boxes. It's a genius move to keep the stock moving, which is what we all want.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts