Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read and get tips and advice more than i post my projects,but just finished another ertl 18" tos i thought turned out better than my last one.
and with some words of encourgement from Griff lately i figure what the heck.

make sure you click on the blue words Newest TOS 18 inch

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/1711rob/

This is the model 6676 tos wanted to compare between it and he S951

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Thanks for emailing the pics to me, Rob! Awesome job on that one. Makes me want to finish up some stuff when I get back home. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's next ? well either the resin refit [my 1st resin] that made my head hurt so i put it up for awhile or try to fix one of my 22" TOS that had an accident,not sure if i've got what it takes to fix it but will have to see.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Nobody's perfect and they look better than the last decal job that *I* did. That turned out quite disappointing for me. How 'bout *your* last decal job, CRA? Got pics...? :)

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
No pics, unfortunately (as soon as I can get the Sony cam I'm questing for, I'll get them right to ya).

I'm trying to remember which one was the last decal job, the NX-01 or the Constellation. But anyhoo, the Constellation came out okay, except for one of those little red arcs on the lower rear surface of the saucer (somehow got all crunched up in the process of laying it on). The NX-01 (the big 1/350 one, mind you; the 1/1000 version came out just fine), that big sucker has some of the lousiest decals I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. One of the kind souls here (whose name escapes me at the moment, so now's your chance to chime in and take credit) sent me a spare sheet, and even that sheet was on the crappy side (which is why I blame Polar Lights). So, I'm gonna have to get another damn model in order to take a third run at getting the decals done right (I'll just take the extra model and make a Columbia out of it, I s'pose).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.