Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
You must be talking the 79 TYCO Camaro. The wheelbase is longer than all the TJETS. The closest pankake motor chassis would be the AFX and AFX/MT specialty chassis might fit.

If you look at your TJET Chassis there are 3 axel holes. The one in the front is the Long Wheelbase LWB configuration, the one in the back is the Shortwheel base configuration and the one in the middle is the Hot Rod Wheelbase.

I have an 82 Camaro that fits a TJET and will be shrinking the 79 Cmaro in the after the NJ Shoot-out in October.

Roger Corrie

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hi SHadow if the chasssi is black plastic and the traction magnet is one thin piece all the way across thats an HP7 Chassis, The one with the Dummy wheels is caled a U-turn chassis and is designed to spin around in a corner and go in the opposite direction.

Roger Corrie

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Shadowracer said:
Roger, so I can assume from what you said that the HP7 and the Tyco 440x2 wide are compatible for bodies, and that the standard 440x2 will not?

(Just to be sure what chassis I need to get my fleet underway)

You've been a big help, and I thank you!

Shadow
You've got it right. The 440X2 Pan chassis is black plastic except the motor bulkheads and fit the wide and longer bodies. Both the Pan X2 and HP7 Chassis have a front axel hole that is in front of the guide pin and a rear axel hole that is the same wheelbase as the slim X2 chassis

Roger Corrie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.