Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a NuRora Mustang kit .... painted Fiery Orange with Testors One Coat Lacquer. A few details added and them dipped in Future. The wheels are RRR T/A two-tones with Lo-Profile tires.

If I ever do another one of these I will NOT used the side view mirrors. Those little holes will be puttied before painting. What a pain in the ....... neck :rolleyes: putting those little suckers on.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
OHHHHH man I love the color!!!even i am a mopar guy but man that pony looks awesome!! :eek: :thumbsup:

Wes

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Ah but Jerry, see how good they look!!! The little details makes the whole car look fantastic :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm just saying...RM

·
Robot Elder
507 Posts
:thumbsup: Nice job on the stang Jerry... and yes you will put the mirrors on the next one.. :freak:.... it 's the rule....
LOL. try bending headers... :drunk:
CJ

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Oh wah!

Cry me a river. That car is bitchen! Is it me or does the nu-rora hunker down on the chassis a little better than the original? Seems like the fender gaps are tighter...and it doesnt have the big saddle bags (chassis skirts) hangen' out under the rocker. Dont see no Hong kong sticker?

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
No putty for you...

:thumbsup: Nice job on the stang Jerry... and yes you will put the mirrors on the next one.. :freak:.... it 's the rule....
LOL. try bending headers... :drunk:
CJ
hahahahaaha...it's the rule...hahhhaahahaha :lol:

Jerry that is ONE HOT MAMA! bE-Ute-E-FULL Mustang!! Love the black accents.

Bob...we're taking away your putty from yah...zilla

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Sweetness Jerry, I have a orange stang beensitting on my desk saying finish me ya well kids are around. nowI have a template might actually finish it when I get home! ya but I doubt it too.. I can feel the zzz's crawlin...

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
I got peeks on this one...

... knew it would come out this good... only thing I didn't know is when... or if it would have mirrors. Bottom line is it's done faster than I thought and I'm glad to see the putty fairy didn't visit!!! Look at it this way... At least you didn't have to drill holes for the mirrors!!.. I'm working on a pair now I have to drill mirror holes on both sides!!.... This Mustang is a GREAT car Jer :thumbsup::thumbsup: nd

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh wah!

Cry me a river. That car is bitchen! Is it me or does the nu-rora hunker down on the chassis a little better than the original? Seems like the fender gaps are tighter...and it doesnt have the big saddle bags (chassis skirts) hangen' out under the rocker. Dont see no Hong kong sticker?
I shaved the rails on top of the gear plate to get it to sit down in the front.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
yeah i haven't gotten to that point with mine yet, but i wondered about the mirrors... they kinda looked like they would be a buttache to put on...

--rick

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
that is 1 nice machstang ive had some of rrr bodys theyre very nice. you did a great job with the color selection!! can you speak of the rim and tire performance? those look way cool. i just hope they work better than the ones ive tried in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is 1 nice machstang ive had some of rrr bodys theyre very nice. you did a great job with the color selection!! can you speak of the rim and tire performance? those look way cool. i just hope they work better than the ones ive tried in the past.
What can I say ????? :rolleyes: they're RRR wheels .....look good ......... run bad :mad:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I can see how disappointed you are with your new Mustang and all, Jerry. I will be happy to take it off your hands and take away your pain. Please, let me explain.

No one, not even you, my friend, should have to suffer the side-view mirror "neck" pains that seem to have reduced your quality of life so drastically, dear Jerry. We ALL see it so clearly.

Though the image of this car and the torture it represents has irreversibly burned itself into your mind, I will take it upon myself to relieve you of the daily reminder that sits upon your shelf, mocking you.....making you feel less than human, less than a man, my friend. Only through action, may we begin to heal. Go ahead, it's all right. You can put it into my parcel now without shame. Do you hear me? NO SHAME!

No-no....do not try to stop me. I do not wish for accolades or monuments for taking up this burden. I only unselfishly wish for you to feel whole again, that our slot car community can continue to benefit from your expertise and experience. We need you as you were.

As for the Mustang, you will sleep much better knowing that I will torture it on a regular basis for the pain it has caused you. I shall force it down upon the electric rails and apply current to the most delicate of parts until it whines for mercy. Even then, I shall not be merciful, but will drive it to the point of madness. I shall inflict upon it the same pain that you-yourself have suffered. You deserve my help, Jerry. Let me give it that you may live, truley live once more..

Knowing that one day you might heal from this ordeal is thanks enough.

We do love you, Jerry. You are our friend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts