Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

I know this group is mainly HO, but I had some time today and thought I would post a Homemade body of another scale. We have a local 1/24th track that most of us HOSERS that race HO's also partake in the 1/24th scale.

After looking at "latemodel" bodies for HO. 1/32nd & 1/24th bodies on a web site for sale, I decided to try my hand at it.

Pretty simple, after I constructed a template. Laid out in a "Print Artist" program. They are two piece. I print out the pieces, trace out with the template, laminate and assemble.

Most all of the 1/24th cars I race are now covered with these bodies.

Warren
www.slotcars.org/hosers

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Pretty cool car you've got there Warren. I own a couple of 1/32 slots....and have had a blast racing those previously. I have wanted to build a few 1/24 drag cars....mainly because they use model car bodies most of the time....and I love building drag raced themed 1/24 scale kits.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I still have an old box of 1/24th scale cars too. I used to go racing at the local slot hut just about every weekend. Let me know if you want pics.

cheers..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sounds good boss9, pictures would be good as I am always interested in old stuff and parts. The 1/24th's aren't any different than any other scale - enjoyable to tinker with and build/adjust just to see if you can make'em competitive!

Ya roadrner, I've thought the same thing. I acquired the idea from a website called "Hot Laps Dirt Track Racing Slotcars". They actually build Latemodels, Modifieds and Sprint car bodies in a similar fashion to what I have done.

Keep'er in the Slot,
Warren
www.slotcars.org/hosers

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hey there Pairadice (love that name, by the way),

I had a time finding these-- they were really buried.

Cox Lotus Ford

Classic Manta Ray (?)

Custom Ford "J" car Globe motor/Dynamic chassis

Cox chassis with new/old body

My Baby

My Babies Box

I have a few more and I know I had a lot more but they strangely disappeared--Dad was known to take my stuff he thought I didn't want anymore, so he most likely got them :rolleyes:. I wish I still had my Russkit Lola. It was a twin motor and four-wheel drive if I remember rightly. :confused:

Cheers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts