Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out item number: 150111729804 on evilbay. You really have to feel bad for some of these new diecast collectors.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That seller sure takes great pictures and does nice write-ups! Definitely nice sales job on his part, he really makes the cars in his listings look and feel expensive. Good for him!

I can't feel bad for the buyer - he should have done his homework. A simple E_Bay search shows the same car with a BIN of $9.95! :rolleyes: (item 220101948684 if you are curious).

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have to disagree G_G. He misleads new collectors with his rare or limited BULL$H!T and a new seller would never really know were to look. I do agree that he should have done his homework but where does one begin when they first start out?? I've seen other sellers do the same thing but some atleast put which series or set it came from. He knows that he is taking advantage of new collectors with the way he lists the cars. Also all the pics with the hot wheels logo in the back ground were taken from the hot wheels site. To me he's a snake to others an opportunist. One last thing the evilbay item that G_G listed is not the same car. The car won is from the Classical Gassers two car set item #200100751706 and there are pics below.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
fly__life said:
I have to disagree G_G. He misleads new collectors with his rare or limited BULL$H!T and a new seller would never really know were to look. I do agree that he should have done his homework but where does one begin when they first start out?? I've seen other sellers do the same thing but some atleast put which series or set it came from. He knows that he is taking advantage of new collectors with the way he lists the cars. Also all the pics with the hot wheels logo in the back ground were taken from the hot wheels site. To me he's a snake to others an opportunist. One last thing the evilbay item that G_G listed is not the same car. The car won is from the Classical Gassers two car set item #200100751706 and there are pics below.
Good points made, you've won me to your side regarding that seller on misuse of pics and purposefully not disclosing relevant details. However, I still believe the fault is with the buyer. When one starts out, one should start out small. Just like you don't learn to drive in a $150K Ferrari, you shouldn't get into collecting on a high-end (or what you think is a high end) model.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
And I thought the JL Ford Bronco that went for about $90 a month or so back was ridiculous. That seller actually hyped the Bronco a lot better than this guy did, using lots of bold print, colors, you name it. You would have thought it was one of a kind.

Fortunately, most of us know better than to fall for a sales pitch like these. Anything to extort and extra nickel, or five spot out of the buyer. Just because it's ok to do it, doesn't make it right. Seems to be a little immoral in my opinion. May not be dishonest, as the description does usually fit, it's just the way they choose to describe it. A little too much hype.

On the other hand, "Buyer Beware" is the saying. People should take a little extra time to research the item, and not bid on it just because of the seller's outstanding feedback. I feel bad for the guy that just shelled out the $200.00 for something that could have been had for about 10 bucks.
The other saying - "A fool and his money......."
Just my 2 cents (or is it 20 cents, oh wait, $20.00)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts