Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-LIGHTNING-69-CHEVY-NOVA-SS-OLDS442-PROJECT-CAR_W0QQitemZ110092453463QQihZ001QQcategoryZ760QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
maybe my eyes are bad but these don't look like whites to me. it sounds as if this seller is claiming these are white lightnings simply because the front and real wheels are different. the tires on the olds don't appear white and the rims on the nova don't appear to be white either. i don't see anywhere about the nova having a white base. the seller makes note of white bases on the actual white lightning listings he/she has. i also noticed a few vehicles that have wheel variants where the seller has them listed as whites as well. :rolleyes:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I dropped him an email. He seems to think that he listed the under regular JLs. Does not seem to know much about JL. Really did not know what a WL was.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dizzys440 said:
Does any one in canada collect or do they just sell.:rolleyes:
yeah lots collect. I know its been tough to accept for some of the JL starved US collectors. But..up until now, we were not getting anything in the way of JL either. It was sporadic at best, few and far in between. Guys are buying cars in the hundreds here.

Now, everyone and their dog is going for the one dollar bonanza. And I mean everyone. Overall, its helped bring down the price (or de-value, pending on how one sees it) of some prior high priced WL's.

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Think we should give this guy a pass. He corrected it based upon my email. Said that the WL part was left from the other auctions he listed. I have made the mistake myself of not completely changing the item description when listing multiple items.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
dizzys440 said:
Does any one in canada collect or do they just sell.:rolleyes:
It may appear that way with the recent tidal wave of auctions on the bay, but it's definitely not the case. Just a case where there are tons of WLs available, and the word is out so many are being snapped up by non-collectors. It happens in the US a lot, too. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
sorry guys but unless the link you posted is different to what it leads me to I dont see where he claims that they are whitelightnings anywhere on the page, all i see is that he brings attention to the wheel differences , I reckon he just dont realize that they are PIP's and thats the way the come...
wayne james ( modelocar )

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
modelocar said:
sorry guys but unless the link you posted is different to what it leads me to I dont see where he claims that they are whitelightnings anywhere on the page, all i see is that he brings attention to the wheel differences , I reckon he just dont realize that they are PIP's and thats the way the come...
wayne james ( modelocar )
he did change the listing ....at least on this particular listing. i haven't checked any of the others.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Why is what I said a lame statement? I'v read post's from alot of boards saying we never get anything in Canada and the U.S. gets J/Ls at 5 below and odd jobs and here and there and I'm sure there R alot of collectors in Canada but 2 me it seems 2 B more sellers. Sorry if my view of what I see or said made some one mad. I find my share of W/Ls and T/Hs so I'm in no way mad if some one else gets something, it does get me PO'd if some one (a scalper) gets a car that I would like to have in my collection and all he or she wants it 4 is 2 sell it just remember they R toys and with all the cars I have I'll never understand why any one would pay so much 4 one. All the people who spent $ 300 on a BWL Camaro must feel a little salty now.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
dizzy, the statement that you made sounded a bit harsh. If you looked at the bay, 90% of the cars on there were from US sellers, now there are a few canadian sellers and all of a sudden all canadians don't collect, just scalp according to your point of view.

There are alot (ok, not alot, but a handful) of Canadian collectors here, and Boogievanman is one of them, so he took your comment personally, he's been with us way before this $1 blowout, and he's been forced to pay $5+ for all the cars he has in his collection.

Thats why its a lame statement, ~10 canadian sellers on the bay, and now ALL canadians are sellers and not collectors...

·
Registered
64 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
dizzy, the statement that you made sounded a bit harsh. If you looked at the bay, 90% of the cars on there were from US sellers, now there are a few canadian sellers and all of a sudden all canadians don't collect, just scalp according to your point of view.

There are alot (ok, not alot, but a handful) of Canadian collectors here, and Boogievanman is one of them, so he took your comment personally, he's been with us way before this $1 blowout, and he's been forced to pay $5+ for all the cars he has in his collection.

Thats why its a lame statement, ~10 canadian sellers on the bay, and now ALL canadians are sellers and not collectors...
Can't we Canadians do both, I collect what i want, and sell what i have already. or what i don't want. I have collected for 10 years, and just started selling off what i don't need anymore. It takes up alot of space. Please no more mean Canadian Jokes!!! Canadians LOVE DIE-CAST!!!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:

Thanks brotha, No hard feelings Dizzy , I've heard comments like that too many times lately

1 - 16 of 16 Posts