Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok - I bought a Dynamite Prophet Plus and attemtped to charge my Peak Racing 1200 battery

It took about 10 minutes to charge, but I guess it false peaked, because my truck only ran for about 3 minutes and died.

What chargers do you use for your Mini T battery packs? How long does it take to charge your packs?

Did I do something wrong or should I buy a different charger?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Does that charger have an adjustable charge rate?

You should charge a Mini-T pack at around 1 to 1.5 amps. I'm using a Duratrax Digital Intellipeak and charge at 1.25.

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I use just a Indi 16x3 charger and i charge at 2 amps for my race packs

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my charger will charge at 1, 2 or 4 amps, but I was told by the guy at Ballistic Batteries and he said to charge at 1 amp because anything higher than that could damage the battery.

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
me and my friend charge at 2 amps and havent had a problem, Im running the new GP1100 matched cells btw.

·
Registered
246 Posts
t3 - is it a new battery pack (or been sitting awhile)? You may have to cycle it a few times to get normal performance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these are brand new packs

one is a ballistic (which I have not charged yet) and the other is Peak Racing pack.

now my problem is that the Peak pack false charges and I only get about 5 minutes of run time (only about 2 of that is high power)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts