Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Are you serious?

These Tbirds are 2 totally different molds. They are even different years, check the newer style grill on the Marchon.

I believe you may be under the impression that Tyco "Owns" the likeness of these cars because they paid for License fees to the car manufacturer's.
While they have paid for said license,unless they pay for an exclusive, the car munufact. can and usually does license it to many different companies.
Anyone who wants to Pay, can Play.

Now if you want to see, shall we say, "Close resemblence" check out some of the Later Artin slots versus Tyco. The Lambo comes to mind. And the Ferrari F40.

But even there, I am not 100% convinced they are the same.

My pet peeve is when Resin casters pizz on each other saying "He stole my Mold" when in fact they Both stole from a diecast companies product. :)
And Neither paid any royalties to the manuf.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
<-----Guilty, I have resin casted diecast cars, but when you do the math......take the price of the goo, the hours of labor, the couple cars sold versus the 3x giving away for free............HEY, they owe me..........lol

But to jump back into the subject, I agree, these 2 cars look nothing alike, when it comes to slpt cars marchon cars only came to my collection in trades, I hate them, oversized, heavy tanks, the only one I ever wanted was the monster trucks, and obviously so does everyone else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not to be the devil's advocate here, but, if to take a full size car and reduce it to 1/64th scale, wouldn't it be expected that two renditions look very similar? I think they should look the same. Unless you like the look of the older lifelike bubble bodies which never really looked anything like the real car it was trying to replicate.

just my thoughts. :freak:

Evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts