Hobbyist Forums banner

Another LHS gone!

565 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Zombie_61 
#1 ·
I know I reported A few months ago that one of my Local LHS was going out of Buisiness.....Well the owner had a change of heart and kept it open month to month for us Die Hards....Alas it wasnt enough....As of 5pm sunday april 15th 2007, Franks trains n Hobbies in Oldsmar Florida will cease to exist!50% off today,& 75% off tomorrow...I picked up a few aircraft today but I am
really sad as I have been purchasing stuff from frank for years( I got my PL
C-57d from Frank) Just very sad too see this Happen,I stopped there after work and chatted about the state of The Hobby with Frank and Art for about an hour.Just wanted to let Y'All know. :cry:

#4 ·
I just found out Friday night that our local hobby, comic, & collectibles shop closed March 31st. The owner was a friend who's going through a nasty divorce, having some health problems, and had commented on the decline of business numerous times in the last couple of years. This was his fourth shop in the last 20 years, all within a mile of each other.

Moebius Models and Monarch Models are certainly good news, but I think the "death" of AMT/Ertl says a lot about what large corporations think about a hobby that seems to be getting less popular every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.