Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
how can you be sure it was the frist one made?it just has the first number on it.it might be the 9th or 10 th but got the first number cause it got in line first ttfn johnny :confused:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Waaay too much money!!! I don't know if I could pay more than a grand for a toy car; I just payed $1000 for a perfectly running '98 Chevy Cavalier, and I can actually drive it, lol.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
That's just crazy money for a toy car. Congrats to the seller, that's got to be 10x's what he was expecting for it!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
It ended for $1395.89, even higher than the $1225.00 for the 1968 Charger! That is crazy money, but I guess if the bidder wants it and has the money to spend, good for him.

Warren Reese has many high end cars and is a great guy to deal with. You always know you'll have a nice car when you get something from him! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
It ended for $1395.89, even higher than the $1225.00 for the 1968 Charger! That is crazy money, but I guess if the bidder wants it and has the money to spend, good for him.

Warren Reese has many high end cars and is a great guy to deal with. You always know you'll have a nice car when you get something from him! :thumbsup:

I agree Vette. I have dealt with warren several times over the past 10 years or so. He is a class act all the way.

·
Registered
971 Posts
When you have 10+ millions that guy doesnt care. He does it all the time, I have made a lot of money of him. He bought 25 whites for 3500. So it doesnt suprise me. Nice going Warren on your sale.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is crazy! Do those #s on the bottom tell the truth? I found an indy car at KB that was 1 of 7500 and the stamp on the bottom said 7501. Wonder if it is really a 1 of 200 WL? I guess when you have money to burn, this is a good way to do it.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
MoparNut360 said:
Man,at this point if I even had $1400 I definitely wouldn't be spending it on a die cast car...
Definitely! My wife would be selling it as soon as it arrived to pay for my tombstone. :freak:

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I would never spend that much money on a car either but if he has it and wants to spend it more power to him. Just think if the car can garner that much money (there were at least 2 bidders) 10 years after it was released think how much it will bring in another 20. Read the news today. A Honus Wagner baseball card just sold for over 2 million. It was sold for just over 400,000 in the early 90s. SOunds like a nice bit of appreciation to me. Maybe, just maybe this car will turn out to be a great investment and 20 years from now we will all be saying wish I had purchased it then....

How many of us spend at least that much each year on beer or cigs or whatever your vice might be?
Just another viewpoint.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good point Pupppy, And what do those people that smoke or drink have to show for their money???????? Atleast we as collectors can show what we have for ours. ZF

1 - 19 of 19 Posts