Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pick these up in a deal from CTWLMike, Thanks Mike. I didn't have one in my collection of this model Mercury and on Mike's thread it caught my eye. It is a very well executed casting and the color on this release (Classic Gold 2 Release 8) really works well with the lines of the body. It feels good to get excited about a new casting once in a while. Enjoy the Pics

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Hey guys,

Take a moment and actually go look at the HR AL, Tony K, Mike G vintage. I mean the quality is unreal especially considering when that stuff first came out and compared to what was being made at the time. The 32's and hot rods with bicycle tires, the engine details, the woodies, military stuff, woodies....the detail and then when the latest issues come out and I see cars that HONESTLY look like they were made on the table of the Fest Hospitality room after several late night beers using tires and rims I thought were thrown out with the "B" wheel (which I actually do like). I mean, I didn't know you could make a spoiler I didn't like especially back in the day yet I have not purchased a "spoiler" in years now. Was there issues, heck yes, the monster sized steering wheels on the above mentioned rods, the bolt rims on some cars.......but that was nit picking because I was so spoiled. I have to search, I mean SEARCH to find traits I like now. I admit I'm frustrated so take this with a grain of salt.

My final word on this. The WL pictured above which is the chase piece and designed as such is now how the production runs look with anything/everything painted unrealistic. My 1 bad car in 10 is now.......well....:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts