Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look guys if we keep trying RC2 just may respond. This picture was taken in about 1963 or 64 of my 1962 Galaxie 500XL, 406 4 speed car. Now tell me that wouldn't make a sweet JL or 2,3,4,7,8 etc .etc. Variations galore ;)

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Yepper! Love that color. Look good in white, in black, etc. I'd pick them up!
The one in the background isnt bad either!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
A JL of that car would be nice. That car in my garage would be nicer

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Along with the 63 1/2 427 the 62 406 are my favorite Galaxies, well maybe the HP Sunliners also. For those of you that don't know how the 406 was first made, it was a bored 390 or a sleeved 427 with a 410 mercury crank. Later they made were made by us hot ordders with 428 blocks and using 391 truck cranks (a cheap lemans steel crank) or cast 390 crank..

cj

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I learned to drive a manual shift vehicle in a car just like that.
well, ours was white, with a red interior.
Great Picture. are those 'appliance' mags?

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
That's a very nice picture Jim! :thumbsup: Was the picture taken with a SLR 35mm camera?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The wheels are Mickey Thompsons. They were known as Rader wheels. Cast aluminum center with chromed steel rims. They were a brand new item when I got them for Christmas from my parents in 63. Great folks! The picture was taken by my shutterbug Dad with his 33mm SLR. He had many over the years so I cannot tell you the brand.

The 56 sedan in back belonged to the neighbors.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Atencio said:
A JL of that car would be nice. That car in my garage would be nicer
Here's an interesting note....That 62 was sold to a good friend when I bought the 66 I still own and he still owns it. :( I have first pick if he ever decides to sell it! ;) Here is a shot of both cars, this past summer, pictured together at a show for the first time ever. :p

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Two nice cars. Is your 66 a 7 litre?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
If they do another Galaxie, I'd like to see a '71 4-door police cruiser before anything else. Guarantee it would sell out every release.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts