Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched "Doctor X," and I think the Moon Killer would make a great kit. Cool in either monster scenes or classic Aurora scale. And I wouldn't mind seeing a Gary Makatura what-if box either. ;-D

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes - 1/8 scale. I'd love one of those.

Great movie, by the way - I also wouldn't mind seeing a model of Lionel Atwill at his looniest....

·
Premium Member
6,014 Posts
HelLO - Fay Wray in her bathing suit! And if you want Lionel Atwill at his looniest, may I suggest that was his Dr. von Niemann in The Vampire Bat (1933). Just to slide off topic for a moment, wouldn't that film, along with Dr. X and Mystery at the Wax Museum (also 1933), make a great DVD set: "The Fay Wray and Lionel Atwill Trilogy"?

Back to topic: what about a model of Atwill as Ivan Igor (with a removable wax face) from Mystery...? Maybe that could be yet another conversion set for the Aurora Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde kit. Tom Parker, are you listening?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I saw that figure - it was hard to tell how good it was; there was only one instance of it on eBay, and the photo of the unbuilt model wasn't very good. There wasn't any picture of a buildup.

I'm actually finding it difficult to buy resin models now unless they pop up on one of the boards I frequent. I was ready to get two today from two different sources; one has an email address that refuses anyone who uses it (bizarre), and the other one doesn't answer their emails.

It sure makes you wonder how they sell any at all.....

·
Elder Statesman
1,908 Posts
There is a painted up version on Buc Wheats site. I glad to see people interested in Lionel Atwill, an underrated actor, he's great no matter how small the part.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Lionel Atwill in MAN-MADE MONSTER! Or as Inspector Krogh in SON OF FRANKENSTEIN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts