Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another Doc Hudson & Sheriff conversion (updated)

Easy conversions of some Kelloggs' pullbacks of Doc Hudson & Sheriff using AFX specialty chassis. The only real work is narrowing the rear track. The long wheelbase position for the fronts are perfect, and you can use the original screw mounting position on Doc and just extend it! Hope the pics upload OK. See below for Sheriff.

Manny

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's details on Sheriff. Another AFX specialty chassis as with Doc, but there's a wider clearence inside the rear fenders. Front wheels mount in the middle position.

I added a screw post just inside the front bumper, screw mounts in the guide pin snap. Some resin in the rear to stabilize the back of the chassis in the body. Super glued a trimmed JL TJet guide pin in the original screw mounting hole. Tuff Ones silicones on the fronts for a nice 'big tire" look.

Manny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I narrowed the original rear wheel hubs. They were the "1/2" tire style where the tire takes only half the width of the wheel, the rest is a thick plastic flange. I ground off the flange until it was barely there. Then reseated on the original axle as close to the chassis as possible without binding.

Depending how it all comes together, you may have to lightly sand the outside edge of the wheel and bevel the edge of the tire. Or, grind some slight relief on the unside of the wheel wells.

The Sheriff is an almost identical conversion. I'll see if I can upload some pics of that as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill,

It was an old T-Jet post from the graveyard of hacked & mangled bodies !

Used a gel-type super glue to attach it.

Manny

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
The ink tubes inside BIC pens also make great axel holders and screw posts. They don't crack, they hold tight with super glue and are easy to cut.

Nice job on the conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts