Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm still looking for the gold bus and the VW bus. Its odd areound here MB goes in spurts and there is nothing out there right now.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Only four (4) 55th Aniversary pieces issued by Matchbox...

Here is a quote from MCCH posted by Ambassador Matchbox David Tilly:

"Default Re: 5th Anniversary piece out now???

There are 4x 55th Anniversary models. The 3 emerald green models in the 2007 basic range, and the 1 Skybuster model. That is it. All 55th Anniversary models contain the special logo on the tampo printing that states 55th Anniversary. The word "Anniversary" is the key factor here.

The Double Decker is a 2008 basic range model (officially 1 year later than the 55th Anniversary) and contains a banner that states 55+ years on it. Nowhere on the model is there a 55th Anniversary logo, and nowhere does the word Anniversary appear in any shape or form in the tampo printing. That is just the tampo printing that was chosen for that particular model.

It would be wrong to call it a 55th Anniversary model as it is a 56th year release (hence the 55+ tampo).

I do hope this now clear up all the confusion over the Double Decker (2008 basic range model) since it was infact made a year later...olesarge90/Gill

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
olesarge90 said:
Here is a quote from MCCH posted by Ambassador Matchbox David Tilly:

"Default Re: 5th Anniversary piece out now???

There are 4x 55th Anniversary models. The 3 emerald green models in the 2007 basic range, and the 1 Skybuster model. That is it. All 55th Anniversary models contain the special logo on the tampo printing that states 55th Anniversary. The word "Anniversary" is the key factor here.

The Double Decker is a 2008 basic range model (officially 1 year later than the 55th Anniversary) and contains a banner that states 55+ years on it. Nowhere on the model is there a 55th Anniversary logo, and nowhere does the word Anniversary appear in any shape or form in the tampo printing. That is just the tampo printing that was chosen for that particular model.

It would be wrong to call it a 55th Anniversary model as it is a 56th year release (hence the 55+ tampo).

I do hope this now clear up all the confusion over the Double Decker (2008 basic range model) since it was infact made a year later...olesarge90/Gill
This is begining to sound like the BWF contraversy they had on the JL board! I have yet to hold that bus in my hands. I'll still probably put it with the 55's

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Whoo...

Just because I quoted the source that is in personal contact with the Matchbox Design Team where in he (Amb. Tilly) relates that this bus is not considered by Matchbox to be a 55th Anniversary model. He also points out the original 4 models were made last year and this bus is produced and issued this year??? I don't see it as a controversy at all...

You are right you can put it anywhere you choose even if it is no a 55th Anniversary Model. I respect your point and feel your pain as I too am looking very hard to find this fantastic double decker bus. As soon I find one, it will go in my 1-100 display on the wall. Good luck to all finding this much desired model...olesarge90/Gill

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
On the JL board it was more of a joke what was and wasn't Black With Flames (BWF) Here it may be a little more cut and dried but your right there is the oppertunity to place the madle in any part of your collection that you feel. thats why I love this hobby.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The gold bus is NOT a 55th anniversary issue. If you read the label it reads 55 plus years....., and it does not have the 55th Logo. This information comes from the Matchbox Ambassador , David Tilley.

·
Premium Member
14,436 Posts
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Funny thing, though, this piece is harder to find than the green anniversary pieces. Perhaps that will change over the next few months?

Thanks for the surprise package with the gold Routemaster Bus Mark!:wave:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts