Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Why in God's name would they do that? That could have been a nice looking car. then again, I always though WL's were a dumb idea.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Mattel had white wheels on the Old Number 5.5 a few years back and I don't think anytghing came of that.
White wheels alone I don't think can be used for a law suit for copy right infringement. Now if you use the term "White Lightining" then maybe, if Johnny Lightining did copy right it, but white rim chase car I bet would be a safe term to use.
As for the car itself, it would have looked better with a different color rim I think.
I noticed that there is a difference in the card art from the Torino $uper. This one does not have one of those Race Team drivers on it. So now I'm wondering if there will be different card art for the different series or maybe one if these isn't real or both? Time will tell.
Where did this photo come from?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
No, JL wouldn't have a claim to anyone else's white wheel cars. There have been other vehicles from Mattel with white wheels. Like the Beetle super, or that crazy looking white tire Corvette from Matchbox. There are some others as well.

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Nice 2009 Corvette ZR1 Secret Super Treasure Hunt Congrats. I want 1. I'm Alright with the White Wheels.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts