Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sorry to say that Timberline Raceway will have to withdraw hosting 2012 QSAC Dirt National Race scheduled for October 5-6.

Unfortunately my family just received some very bad news, my mother was just diagnosed with a very aggressive Liver Cancer. Because of the aggressiveness of this particular kind of cancer I want to be available as much as possible helping with responsibilities of everyday life. As most of you who know me my parents live next to us on the farm here in Kansas. And with helping dad with farm chores and caring for mom I feel that devoting the time I wanted to do for the Dirt National this year is just not possible.

My family and myself want to spend as much time as possible making our mother as comfortable as possible.

I have spoke with Mike Sadler and with the help from Bob and BMI Raceway to transfer the 2012 Dirt National race to there track in Ohio.
Bmi speedway 769 E Main st Versailles Ohio 45380

I want to thank everyone in advance for your understanding and God Bless Everyone.

Dave Smreker
Timberline Raceway
Osawatomie, Kansas

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Dave:
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I too lost my mother to cancer. I understand what you are going thru. Nothing is more important than family. Spend as much time as you can with her. I'll pray for you, her and your family. God Bless.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dave :
sorry to hear about your mother's condition . I lost my mother to cancer 10 years ago and the last few months my dad's health has taken a dive . When it comes to family it's hard to think of anything else but being there for them . Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family ,
Randi & Randy

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Sorry to hear this kinda news...Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Dave.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Team Coyote Racing offers our prayers and well wishes to a fellow racer.

Also on behalf of the entire club here at Capitol City/Lagoon Park Raceway, we wish you and your family the best.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Dave, sorry to hear the news. When it comes to family it needs to come first. We will have you guys in our thoughts and prayers. I will be in touch with you sometime soon. When your in our area call me and I will have a car for you to run with us at Ingalls. 765-717-1581

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dave everyone here at HRC will keep you and your family in thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up and we will pray for the best.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Race

Dave first let me say Iam sorry to hear about your MOM . Iam pleased that my track was able to host the race. This is a great place to race and hope to see a lot of new faces on Oct 5-6.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sad to have to report that Dave's Mom passed yesterday evening late.... This is a sad time for any of us who know Dave and know Dolly...

She was a special person who touched many and she will be missed by all!

Funeral will be Friday in Paola, KS with internment following....

Godspeed Dolly - you will be missed and remembered by many!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Dave: I am sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. Take peace knowing that she is in a far better place now with no pain and suffering. May God bless you and your family and give you strength.
Fred

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Dave - Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for the condolences. Mom (Dollie) is definitely in a better place.
She pasted peacefully in my arms and it was a wonderful experience.
Thank you for sending your thoughts and prayers to me and my family.

Mom always came to help out at concessions and watch the races here at Timberline Raceway. She made sure our young racers got some sort of prize no matter how they finished.

I will get on my feet once we get things in order and hope to see all of you in person next racing season in 2013.

God bless everyone.

Dave and Donna

1 - 15 of 15 Posts