Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked for hours for an animated space background with stars moving from right to left or visa versa. The reason I'd like to get one is to overlay a photo of one of my Trek models onto it. How to do that is another question in itself.

Could anyone direct me to a background link they may know of?

Appreciate it even though this may be slightly off topic.

Jack

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
An animated starfield background for a web page may be created using an animated gif. You may need to "tile" the background using this technique to make it fill the page. I'm not sure this will give you the effect you're looking for.

Here's a freeware gif editor, you may be able to create your own gif for use as a tiled background.

Here is an example of an animated star gif:

Doesn't do much for me and probably would look goofy as a tiled background...

Another possibility is to animate using code, i.e. java script. Here's some you can download and add to your HTML for a web page.

If you know a web page you like, you can view the script used to create it's effects by clicking on view... source... from the i.e. menubar and "borrow" the code.

I'm not into it enough to make it work, sorry (I do mainframe business applications)...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any thoughts on how to place a jpg or gif of a starship over this? Adobe PS6 and Image Ready on this end. Would it be layer over as a transparancy?

Thanks

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts