Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And Oldie My Son FOund? I don' know what this is. This a grand daddy of diecasts? LoL!

Back in the day of the Iron Curtain and the cold war.

Oh its made in West Germany. (Wheres that?) Lol! How much is this worth if anything. LoL! How old is it? I dont know, something right after wwii? I dont
know.

The long awaited picture. The wheels.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
It could be a post WWII Piece but if is was made just after the war there would be something that said "American Zone, British Zone or French Zone" It could have been made in the 60's or 70's is threre anything on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
admiralhonshu said:
And Oldie My Son FOund? I don' know what this is. This a grand daddy of diecasts? LoL!

Back in the day of the Iron Curtain and the cold war.

Oh its made in West Germany. (Wheres that?) Lol! How much is this worth if anything. LoL! How old is it? I dont know, something right after wwii? I dont know.

Where are the Wheels?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This is not die cast, it is lithographed tin plate.

It is probably from the 1950s or early 60s, and part of a play set. Possible manufacturers: Biller, Heinrich Wimmer, Hammer & Kuhlwein. "G-E" on the plate - could it be Gama? Gescha? Less likely: Arnold, Distler, Schuco, Tipp Co. These last four makers are known for their larger and well-detailed toys.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tone said:
This is not die cast, it is lithographed tin plate.

It is probably from the 1950s or early 60s, and part of a play set. Possible manufacturers: Biller, Heinrich Wimmer, Hammer & Kuhlwein. "G-E" on the plate - could it be Gama? Gescha? Less likely: Arnold, Distler, Schuco, Tipp Co. These last four makers are known for their larger and well-detailed toys.
Thanks Tone, just curious, my son wants to know if it is worth the 25 cents he paid for. >ol!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
admiralhonshu said:
Thanks Tone, just curious, my son wants to know if it is worth the 25 cents he paid for. >ol!
probably one dollar!!! just kidding!
but seriously if i were buying that i would pay like $10....

and for the value i would say, SINCE its form like the 60s i would say about 20-30 bucks.... dunno what Tone says!

lets wait for his answer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts