Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
(My senior year) 1974 was year all the cars came with huge bumpers and was forced to use unleaded fuel. The gas crisis caused shortages everywhere. This was a great time to get a Hemi very cheap and park it for a couple of decades until Barrett-Jackson came along. If I only had the foresight then.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
You know, I owned a Mustang II in the early '80s; naive as I was, I thought it was "up there" with the 1964-1/2-'73 Mustangs, but of course, mine didn't have the "go" of the First-Gen pony cars. In fact, the critics called the Mustang II a "Modified Pinto", but that car served me well for a couple years.

*Don't CRUSH 'em....RESTORE 'em!*

-Rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
One of the guys I went to high school with had a brown Mustang II hatchback. I'm pretty sure it had T-tops, and I know it had a 302 with some work done to it... interesting little car.

Also, our local version of John Milner was a guy a few years older than me who drove a '71 or '72 Mustang with the roofline like the green car in the top picture (was that the Grande?), but in ratty primer red with a black vinyl roof. He put some killer Ford big-block in it... I wanna say 428 or 429, but I couldn't tell you which. Rumor had it that he had to lift the motor off the mounts to change the plugs...

--rick

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
Rumor had it that he had to lift the motor off the mounts to change the plugs...

--rick
Nah. I had a 72 Mustang with a 460 in it. There was plenty of room in there as the car had the largest engine compartment of any Mustang. Only thing I could figure is maybe he had headers on it that caused an obstruction. Plug #7 would be my guess.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Atencio said:
Nah. I had a 72 Mustang with a 460 in it. There was plenty of room in there as the car had the largest engine compartment of any Mustang. Only thing I could figure is maybe he had headers on it that caused an obstruction. Plug #7 would be my guess.
I'm sure you're right... this was just the local folklore that circulated. none of us ever actually got to LOOK under the hood...

--rick

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
70XR7 said:
Love that green interior! Guess we know where they got the inspiraton for the Poker series...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So that's where that came from!!!

(I actually laughed out loud when I read that, Mike! :thumbsup: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts