Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Stupid question to which I'd like an answer: What's the approximate length in inches of a Y-wing at 1/72nd scale?

Qapla'

SSB

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
sbaxter said:
Stupid question to which I'd like an answer: What's the approximate length in inches of a Y-wing at 1/72nd scale?
I'm not 100% for sure, but it should be roughly 7" to 8", depending on what length for the "real" Y-Wing you use, I guess. Regardless, I'm excited by the news! I've been hoping to get a 1/72 Y-Wing for quite some time now, as it's my favorite design from the entire saga. :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Time to brush up on weathering effects!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Griffworks said:
I'm not 100% for sure, but it should be roughly 7" to 8", depending on what length for the "real" Y-Wing you use, I guess. Regardless, I'm excited by the news! I've been hoping to get a 1/72 Y-Wing for quite some time now, as it's my favorite design from the entire saga. :)

Will that be bigger then the AMT, I hope, even if only slightly.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Griffworks said:
I'm not 100% for sure, but it should be roughly 7" to 8", depending on what length for the "real" Y-Wing you use, I guess.
Okay, that sounds decent. As great as they were, I passed on the FM TIE kit -- it was just too small for me.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Like I said on SSM, I think I need to thin out my collection of unbuilt (and built kits). This is is one I'll actually want to build. Looks like it's time to start selling on those auction places!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts