Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was digging through a box of die-cast tonight and came across an old '95 Issue Mako Shark White Lightning. I'd forgotten all about it. Strange, I can remember exactly when I got it and where. I was on a trip to Lafayette, LA. visiting friends and I'd always hit the Wal-Mart's in the outlying areas when I was there. I remember picking up this WL at the Wal-Mart in New Iberia, LA. in 2000. I was amazed to find it and how old it was, too. The card looks like it has been around for quite some time, but you never know if it had been hidden at one point. Regardless, it was a pleasant find for me then, and now, too. Does anybody have an idea what these guys are worth these days? I looked at Lightning Lane, but I can't find them. Perhaps they're too old to even mention, who knows? Just sharing an old Saturday night find. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Thanks,
Roy in TX.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
....sounds like you made a very nice find...!..can't see the pic though....does this Mako have the "white lightning" coin..?..some of the guys here would be able to help with the identity and perhaps value if they knew the release number or could see a pic..great story on finding it...!!...and welcome to Hobbytalk...! :wave:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
for some reason, unless the world has tilted or something... these WL's seem to be on the bottom of the list for value, right down there with the Postal WL's...
maybe it was the wheels... don't know, especially since the Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts for the same year tend to be the most valuable. :confused:

(let me know if this is not true, cuz I've got almost a complete set of these stashed away!:lol: )

...oh yea, and just to ask the same thing about the coin, it does have the WL coin, right? ...because just checked the guide and there is the release 2 of the Custom Mako Shark that came in Oyster white and it is not a WL...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
In this series, the Pearl white was NOT a WL, while the regular Gloss White WAS the white lightning.

But as stated, the WL coin gives it away

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, this Mako is still on the card with the WL coin. I can see the pic I loaded fine. I wonder why others can't?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts